Syn Free Slimming World Pizza Fakeaway Recipe
You haven’t experienced a Slimming World Fakeaway until you have made a homemade pizza with a butternut squash pizza crust. It is the Slimming World Fakeaway of your dreams.
Prep Time10 mins
Cook Time40 mins
Total Time50 mins
Peel and dice your butternut squash and place it into the soup maker. Cook for 25 minutes on the chunky soup function until it is cooked.
In a large mixing bowl add your egg, your edam cheese, mustard, some salt and pepper and the oats.
Drain the excess liquid from the butternut squash and add the drained butternut squash to your mixing bowl.
Make your pizza dough into the shape of the Airfryer grill pan and push it down into the grill pan.
Decorate your pizza crust bases with the toppings of your choice. We covered ours with big slices of cheddar, sliced tomatoes, dried oregano and fresh basil.
Place in the Airfryer and cook for 15 minutes on 180c/360f.
1. I used my soup maker for steaming the butternut squash. You could also use a steamer or an Instant Pot. I recommend AGAINST boiling as when you boil vegetables not only does it lose its flavour but its nutritional value too.
2. I normally blend my gluten free oats in my recipes but in this version it adds some chunky texture to the recipe and really helps combine the ingredient for a really good pizza crust.
3. I remove the excess liquid from butternut squash using a scruffy white pillow case. Then squeezing out the liquid over the sink, until there is nothing left to squeeze.
4. I use Edam as the cheese in the butternut squash pizza crust. This is because it is a softer cheese and is better for making a crust with that has a less of a melting effect. This means that you won’t end up with an exploding pizza crust when cooked.
5. My pizza dough made 2 lots for the grill pan so that we could have 2 good sized pizzas.