Welcome to my ultimate soup maker turkey soup.
Last Christmas (though it feels stupid saying last Christmas when it was only three weeks ago) we made it our mission to use our turkey as much as we could and to achieve more than just Christmas Dinner and turkey sandwiches out of it would be amazing.
We made turkey risotto, turkey cauliflower rice, turkey wraps, sweet and sour turkey, turkey frittata and turkey tray bake.
But the best thing was the turkey soup. You could use the brown part of the turkey meat that nobody wants and then save the leftover turkey breast for main family meals.
It would then give you an excellent use of your leftovers without any waste.
In this recipe I don’t use that much turkey, this is because it is a strong flavour and really doesn’t need that much.
So in other words, you’ve got a really tasty frugal dish in front of you.
Also away from Thanksgiving and Christmas you could always swap the turkey for chicken or pork.
The Ultimate Soup Maker Turkey Soup
- Peel and dice the onion, carrots and potato.
- Chop your cauliflower into small florets.
- Place them in the soup maker, and then add the water, salt and pepper.
- Cook for 25 minutes in the soup maker.
- Drain the water from the soup maker and add the seasoning, greek yoghurt, cheese and the turkey.
- Blend and serve.