Beginner Instant Pot Recipes. Introducing you to our full list of 101 instant pot beginner recipes.
The perfect collection of basic instant pot recipes, starting with getting the instant pot out of the box and doing the instant pot water test, right through to 101 easy to follow instant pot recipes for the complete beginner.
Beginner Instant Pot Recipes
Welcome to my Beginner Instant Pot Recipes and more specifically 101 Instant Pot Recipes For The Complete Beginner.
I wanted to put something together that would help those of you that are just starting out with their Instant Pot and want easy to follow Instant Pot recipes for beginners.
Or those of you that have had it a while but want to try some new basic instant pot recipes.
These beginner Instant Pot Recipes has been updated in the April of 2020 and September of 2018 after originally being written in February of 2017.
I like to update it when I can as I add new basic instant pot recipes, that I feel are essential for you to learn first.
Back in early 2017 I was just a few months into my own Instant Pot journey and now I want to share even more of my Instant Pot knowledge.
When you first get an Instant Pot it is like you are that teenager that is learning to cook for the first time.
It is something new and you are often having issues with it and its quite a scary experience.
But I notice that far too many people don’t start at the beginning, instead they jump straight in with a complicated recipe.
Yet if you were a child your parents wouldn’t let you loose with filleting fish, they would make you peel loads of potatoes with an old potato peeler.
Or like the culinary school Gordon Ramsay and Julia Childs attended you would peel a huge amount of onions.
So that is exactly what you should do with your Instant Pot. Start right at the beginning.
Learn how to use the Instant Pot from scratch and learn the bare bones of cooking before you advance to complicated instant pot cheesecakes or instant pot yoghurt.
Let’s steam vegetables in the instant pot, lets learn how to make one pot meals, lets cook frozen meat until it comes out perfectly tender and juicy.
Is Your Instant Pot STILL Sat In The Box?
If this is YOU don’t worry it is a lot more common than you think. Because electric pressure cooking can be so different to what you are used to it can feel very daunting and it might be sat in the box for months.
I’m a member of an Instant Pot for beginners FB group and it amazes me how many times I see posts, where they have returned the Instant Pot as they are frightened it will go wrong, or one meal they did turned out badly.
Or from my point of view I always remember the mushy peas on the ceiling whenever I went around to my Grandmas for dinner.
But those were the old-style manual pressure cookers that sat on the stove and things have improved a lot since the 1980’s.
With the Instant Pot recipes below, I have covered all the instant pot beginner basics to get you started in the kitchen and build up your confidence with your Instant Pot.
Do things step by step with something different every day or so and you will soon be a pro and wonder why you didn’t get an Instant Pot Pressure Cooker years ago. I know I regret waiting until 2016 to get mine!
Instant Pot Mini Recipes For Beginners
Most of our beginner instant pot recipes are based around servings of 1-4.
Apart from fitting a big whole chicken into the instant pot mini, all other of our 101 beginner recipes are easy to adapt to the instant pot mini.
If in doubt change the servings to 2 and then they will easily fit in the instant pot mini.
Though, I also recommend this instant pot mini cookbook from my friend Heather, which is specific to the mini 3 quart.
101 Instant Pot Recipes For Beginners
Before you cook any of our delicious beginner instant pot recipes and if your instant pot is brand new, you need to start with the instant pot water test.
The water test, if you are not familiar with it, is basically a quick test to make sure you have a working instant pot.
You are bringing your instant pot to pressure and then if it works, then you are ready to progress to your first instant pot recipe.
Instant Pot Vegetables
I find the easiest basic instant pot recipe is vegetables. Cook your meat or fish as you usually do and then use the Instant Pot for the vegetables.
You will be amazed by how good the vegetables taste because they have been pressure cooked rather than boiled. You’ll never want to boil vegetables ever again.
Here is the full list of our vegetables to cook in the Instant Pot in alphabetical order:
- Instant Pot Bok Choy
- Instant Pot Broccoli
- Instant Pot Frozen Broccoli
- Instant Pot Brussel Sprouts
- Instant Pot Butternut Squash
- Instant Pot Cabbage
- Instant Pot Carrots
- Instant Pot Cauliflower
- Instant Pot Green Beans
- Instant Pot Leeks
- Instant Pot Mushrooms
- Instant Pot Parsnips
- Instant Pot Pumpkin
- Instant Pot Rutabaga (Swede)
- Instant Pot Tomatoes
- Instant Pot Turnips
Or let’s take some delicious vegetables and make them into quick sides:
- Instant Pot Root Vegetable Mash
- Instant Pot Cauliflower Cheese
- Instant Pot Asparagus Wrapped In Bacon
- Instant Pot Corn On The Cobb Wrapped In Bacon
- Instant Pot Creamed Corn
Instant Pot Potato Recipes
After the basic vegetables nothing beats a potato does it? We all love potatoes and the humble spud can be very versatile.
We go through 2 large bags of 3 kilo spuds a week and it makes cooking very frugal. You just add potatoes to a small dish of food and suddenly you have a great feast.
Here is our favourite Instant Pot Potato Recipes for beginners:
- Instant Pot New Potatoes
- Instant Pot Perfect Mashed Potato
- Instant Pot Mashed Sweet Potatoes
- Instant Pot Baked Sweet Potato
- Instant Pot Spanish Potato Hash
- Instant Pot Turkey Colcannon
- Instant Pot Potato Salad
We have two versions of the baked potato (or as us Brits call it jacket potatoes). One has more time on releasing pressure and the other is quick release depending on how you prefer to use the Instant Pot.
Instant Pot Eggs
Instant Pot Boiled Eggs – One of the first things you should learn to make in your Instant Pot is eggs. They make it so easy and make egg timers a thing of the past.
Or even better and new for 2018 is our Instant Pot egg loaf. It teaches you how to make a huge loaf of eggs, that can then be chopped up and made into egg mayonnaise.
It must be the best egg hack that you will ever discover.
Or the new way to do eggs in 2019 is to crack the eggs into your egg bites mould to make the best instant pot no peel boiled eggs.
Or if you have not learnt how to make instant pot egg bites yet, then this is our version without cottage cheese.
Instant Pot Meals
I love one pot meals and that is a fantastic feature of the instant pot. The idea that you can load into the instant pot basic ingredients and make a delicious meal out of it.
Here is a big list of lots of favourite instant pot meals to try:
- Instant Pot Salmon & Broccoli
- Instant Pot Salmon, Potatoes & Broccoli
- Instant Pot Tuscan Chicken Stew
- Instant Pot Pork Chops & Mushroom Gravy
- Instant Pot Garlic Coconut Butter Chicken & Potatoes
- Instant Pot Chicken Liver & Onions
- Instant Pot Chicken Burrito Bowl
- Instant Pot Chicken Fajitas
- Instant Pot Chilli Con Carne
- Instant Pot Salisbury Steak
- Instant Pot Frozen Steak
- Instant Pot Irish Beef Stew
- Instant Pot Pressure Cooker Macaroni Cheese
- Instant Pot Cheeseburger Macaroni Cheese
- Instant Pot Paella
- Instant Pot Meatloaf & Mashed Potatoes
- Instant Pot Beef Stew Scraps & Parsley Dumplings
- Instant Pot Beef Pot Roast
- Instant Pot Vegetable Curry
- Instant Pot Tuna Pasta Casserole
- Instant Pot Frozen Chicken & Potatoes
- Instant Pot Beef Tips & Mashed Potatoes With Gravy
- Instant Pot White Chicken Chili
- Instant Pot Swedish Meatballs
- Instant Pot Cataplana
Instant Pot Soup Recipes
I love soup but sometimes soup can be boring. It will be like something that is only meant for the cabbage soup diet and can be a complete turn off.
But what about some delicious hearty soups that don’t say baby food that you can cook in your Instant Pot?
Starting with Instant Pot Ham Bone & Bean Soup that we originally made in France with spare ham shanks that shouts out “EAT ME NOW”. Or if you love burgers then you will love our Instant Pot Cheeseburger Soup.
Here are some more delicious soup recipes for you to test drive in your Instant Pot:
- Instant Pot Mushroom Soup
- Instant Pot Tuscan Chicken Soup
- Instant Pot Paella Soup
- Instant Pot Tomato Soup
- Instant Pot Scotch Broth
- Instant Pot Vegan Split Pea Soup
- Instant Pot Cauliflower Corn Chowder
- Instant Pot Cullen Skink
- Instant Pot Loaded Potato Soup
- Instant Pot Chicken Enchilada Soup
- Instant Pot Bean & Bacon Soup
Basic Instant Pot Recipes
Here is a collection of some of our favourite basic instant pot recipes. Recipes that are so easy to make and fall under the basic skillset.
A lot of these basic instant pot recipes I make all the time and you will love mastering them:
- Instant Pot Flourless Cheese Sauce
- Instant Pot Chicken Broth
- Instant Pot Strawberry Jam
- Instant Pot Garlic Spaghetti
- Instant Pot Sloppy Joes
- Instant Pot Rice Pudding
- Instant Pot Condensed Milk To Caramel
- Instant Pot Popcorn
- Instant Pot Caramel Popcorn
- Instant Pot Chocolate Cake Bites
- Instant Pot Steel Cut Oatmeal
- Instant Pot Cauliflower Pizza Crust
Amazing Instant Pot Meat Recipes
I love cooking meat in the instant pot and this section is dedicated to delicious meat in the instant pot. Perfect for quick dinners, cheap dinners and more.
- Instant Pot Whole Chicken
- Instant Pot Philly Cheesesteak Sandwich
- Instant Pot BBQ Pulled Pork Sliders
- Instant Pot Beef Shin
- Instant Pot Pineapple Ham
- Instant Pot Mediterranean Chicken Wings
- Instant Pot Meatloaf
- Instant Pot Chicken Tikka Bites
- Instant Pot Rotisserie Chicken
- Instant Pot Turkey Breast
- Instant Pot Beef Roast
- Instant Pot Pork Roast
- Instant Pot Bolognese
- Instant Pot Frozen Taco Meat
- Instant Pot Frozen Chicken Breast
Thanks for reading all about our favourite beginner Instant Pot recipes and we hope that we have inspired you to get your Instant Pot out of the box, complete the water test and get cooking in your Instant Pot.
We are all new once and once you get into it you will love the freedom of cooking in the electric pressure cooker.
We also have a few extra articles that can help you get to grips with your new Instant Pot Pressure Cooker:
- Instant Pot Accessories That You MUST Own
- How To Convert A Slow Cooker Recipe To The Instant Pot
- How To Clean The Instant Pot Pressure Cooker
- How To Convert Recipes To The Instant Pot Pressure Cooker
- How To Steam In The Instant Pot
- Instant Pot Terminology
- My Instant Pot 7 In 1 Pressure Cooker Review
We also recommend that you join our newsletter at recipethis.com too. You can do so on this link and then you will be informed whenever we have new Instant Pot recipes.
As we are always adding new ones regularly and sharing new tips about using your Instant Pot Pressure Cooker.
Instant Pot For Beginners PDF Cookbook
If you would like to get all the recipes mentioned above, along with all the extra tutorials, then click on the image above or click here.
We have put it together after many, many requests for a PDF version of all the recipes we have featured, that can act as your bible for getting used to your Instant Pot.
Well THIS IS IT.
Also, don’t forget to let us know how you get along with the recipes and how you are finding using the Instant Pot.
Can’t read it now? Then pin it for later!
Join The RecipeThis.com Community:
Plus, don’t forget to subscribe below to join our email newsletter with updates of our latest recipes, latest freebies, our cooking stories, plus much more: