Welcome to my 20 Minute One Pan Pasta Fettuccine Alfredo recipe.
I love pasta fettuccine alfredo and can you believe we can do the whole thing in one pan in just 20 minutes. I couldn’t even get a takeaway in that time!
The last time I made Pasta Fettuccine Alfredo for Dominic he said it was superb and that he wished I made it more often. Now this makes me feel good and is probably one of the best foodie compliments I have ever had. You see when you marry a chef there will always be this thing in the back of your mind that they are better than you. They can do it naturally and you have to make an effort with your cooking.
I actually remember that in my early days of living with him that I was so nervous of cooking for him and that I would do a bad job that I would burn it because I was so stressed out. In fact I once set fire to the oven while cooking his lasagne and also cooked his turkey upside down. So clearly I had a lot of issues when I was 18!!!
I had never heard of Pasta Fettuccine Alfredo until a week or two ago. I would make my pasta how I like pasta and that would be it. I had my favourite way of making the sauce in under 3 minutes and it was a simple lunch for us when we were in a rush to get back to work.
Though it seems what I have made for years has a special name, so thank you to a friend of mine that pointed out that my dish is in fact Pasta Fettuccine Alfredo, clearly I need to get out more.
So what’s different about my version? Well it has wine in, which will please most people in my age range. It has lots of cheese, is grain free and is so fast to make considering it is something so popular.
So if you are looking for a sauce that is grainy and made with plain flour and butter then you better look away now!
Never mind talking about it lets just go off and cook it and eat it as that is what we are really here for!20 Minute #OnePan #Pasta #Fettuccine #Alfredo thanks to @recipe_thisClick To Tweet
Welcome to my 20 Minute One Pan Pasta Fettuccine Alfredo recipe. I love pasta fettuccine alfredo and can you believe we can do the whole thing in one pan in just 20 minutes.
- In your one pot sauté your onion with garlic and the olive oil until the onions are nice and golden.
- Add to the pan your white wine, soft cheese, milk and stir constantly until you have a smooth sauce. If it is too thick add a little more wine and if it is too thin increase the soft cheese.
- Add the pasta to the pan and bring to the boil. Cook for 10 minutes or until the pasta has started to soften.
- Add the cheddar cheese and the other seasoning and mix well until the cheese has melted.
- Season with chives and oregano and plate up. Sprinkle the top of the pasta plates with fresh rosemary.
If you want it even more creamier then I suggest you replace the milk with coconut milk.