Welcome to my 5 ingredient Airfryer chocolate mug cake recipe.
I remember briefly hearing about these famous chocolate mug cakes in the 90’s. It was at a time when there was this crazy obsession with whatever you could achieve in a microwave.
Just like everyone else my parents had a microwave. It was this ugly black thing that was built in above our freezer.
It was perfect for pretty much everything at the time and it was long before we had all these amazing kitchen gadgets to turn to. I suppose you could say it was the original kitchen gadget.
My mum melted cheese in it for cheese on toast, melted chocolate, heated up my baked beans dinner, defrosted cakes and even used it to heat up leftovers from the day before.
In fact when we used to enjoy a family takeaway from the local kebab shop she would heat up the kebab in the microwave too.
When Dominic and I got married we had a microwave too and I believe we had it as one of the gifts on our wedding gifts list.
It was silver and looked a lot more modern than the ones that were doing the rounds in the 80’s. But as we hardly ate baked beans and preferred our oven and hob the only thing it ended up being used for was heating up Kyles milk bottle.
Or via a microwavable sterilize unit someone had bought us.
Therefore when it stopped working we never replaced it and we have lived microwave free now for more than 14 years.
But with all the other kitchen gadgets about that use a lot less energy on the environment you can understand why.
Now in 2016 the Airfryer often doubles up as a microwave and I wanted to test once and for all how good a chocolate mug cake can be when made in the Airfryer.
Dominic made these for us when we had chocolate cravings and I just gave him a few instructions:
- Must help my chocolate cravings
- Must be 5 ingredients or less
- Must be super easy to make so that I can make it next time
Well he didn’t disappoint and this is my very 1st chocolate mug cake.
More Baking Recipes In The Air Fryer
- Fruit Crumble Mug Cakes
- British Lemon Tarts
- White Chocolate Chip Cookies
- Airfryer Pineapple Cake
- Airfryer Banana Bread
- The Ultimate Airfryer Doughnuts
- Airfryer Chocolate Eclairs
- Airfryer Chocolate Brownies
- Airfryer Mini Apple Pies
5 Ingredient Airfryer Chocolate Mug Cake
- Mix all the ingredients together in the mug. But make sure they are mixed well otherwise you will end up with a cake with hardly any cocoa one time and then loads the next!
- Place the mug in the Airfryer and cook for 10 minutes at 200c. Rinse and repeat for the other mugs until everyone has had their chocolate hit!