Air Fryer Baby Carrots. How to air fry raw baby carrots including our favourite honey glaze and the perfect seasoning. Hardly any prep and an easy dump and start air fryer snack.
Air Fryer Baby Carrots
Last month I shared with how to cook air fryer carrots and potatoes and today is the turn of just the baby carrots.
What you probably don’t know is the production line that happens when a new recipe is created here at Recipe This.
It will start with initial ideas and thinking about what we want to make next as part of our air fryer recipes collection.
It will normally be added to my notes folder on my Iphone with a plan to fit it in when you have a gap in our content calendar.
Then when it is a good time to make it, we will buy in groceries (if we don’t have them already) and then we will try it out a few times.
Then we will do a final run through where photos will be taken, and notes will be jotted down.
This is when our puppy Allie will feel like we are teasing her. The only good light is in our hallway and she will sit at the gate smelling what we are making.
That night I will edit the photos on my phone, and it will upload the photos directly to my laptop.
Once we have recipe notes and photos it will be added to my next recipe writing day. On those days I will write up a few recipes and Kyle will wait until I have a batch of them to make the graphics look good for social media.
Then after a few days of writing up recipes Dominic will have a few office days and will load the recipes up and schedule them for a date in the future.
When that scheduled date arrives, the recipe will go live, and you will see the finished air fryer recipe.
But I am also a HUGE fan of using up leftovers and if I have spare supplies from recipes that will be used in another recipe.
That is how our air fryer baby carrots happened. We bought a lot of baby carrots for making our carrots and potatoes and the spare bags were then used to make this delicious recipe for you today. So now you know how it came about!
Can You Air Fry Carrots?
Absolutely! Carrots air fry wonderfully and you will be surprised just how good air fryer carrots turn out.
You can air fry fresh carrots, cooked carrots and of course baby carrots. You can also make carrots in the air fryer with honey, maple syrup, brown sugar, or a mixture of the three.
You can also make your carrots crispy in the air fryer and you can even pack them up for the kids in their lunch box.
Though I like to take them down to the beach for a picnic like this:
Air Fryer Roasted Baby Carrots
The greatest thing about air fryer roasted baby carrots is that you can choose how you want them to taste.
The air fryer will make your air fryer roasted carrots wonderfully crispy, then it is up to you what glaze you have on your carrots.
- Air Fryer Honey Glazed Carrots – The favourite in the Milner house. We will mix together honey with a small amount of extra virgin olive oil. The baby carrots will be tossed in the honey glaze and then cooked in the air fryer.Hone
- Air Fryer Maple Carrots – Swap our honey for maple syrup and follow the same recipe. You will then have a delicious air fryer maple carrots recipe that you can use over and over again.
- Air Fryer Carrots With Brown Sugar – Want more of a brown sugar flavour? Add in a sprinkle of brown sugar to the maple glazed carrots as they cook and you will have the most delicious ever brown sugar carrots.
Why Air Fryer Baby Carrots?
As you know there are many different shapes and sizes of carrots that you could cook in the air fryer and why would you cook air fryer baby carrots?
Well size matters when it comes to the air fryer.
Carrots are hard as nails and not light or watery compared to many better vegetables to cook in the air fryer. Its very easy to overcook carrots in the air fryer and for it to go wrong.
However, baby carrots are small, plus they are already prepped for you and they make the perfect carrot option when it comes to air fryer cooking.
How To Air Fry Baby Carrots?
Cooking air fryer baby carrots is lazy and here are the simple steps to follow:
- Load your baby carrots into a mixing bowl.
- Add in your honey or maple, along with extra virgin olive oil and seasoning.
- Mix with your hands.
- Load into the air fryer basket, cook and eat!
How Long To Air Fry Baby Carrots?
Air fryer baby carrots don’t take long compared to roasting carrots in the oven. In fact, our baby carrots took JUST 9 minutes in total. Add to this 2 minutes of prep time and you have made one of the quickest air fryer healthy snacks.
Air Fryer Baby Carrots
- Place baby carrots into a mixing bowl.
- Add to the bowl your honey, extra virgin olive oil, salt and pepper.
- Mix well with your hands.
- Load the glazed baby carrots into the air fryer basket and cook for 6 minutes at 160c/320f,
- Toss and cook for a further 3 minutes at 200c/400f.
Can’t make it now? Then pin it for later!
Join The RecipeThis.com Community:
Plus, don’t forget to subscribe below to join our email newsletter with updates of our latest recipes, latest freebies, our cooking stories, plus much more: