Air Fryer Cheese Quiche. How to make a delicious air fryer quiche from scratch. Perfect for potlucks, picnics, brunch or just when you have a craving for some classic comfort food. Easy to mix and match fillings and fast to cook in the air fryer.
Our air fryer quiche was originally shared on Recipe This in 2017. This is the updated version with more photos and more homemade quiche ideas.
Air Fryer Quiche
I am from a big family of quiche addicts. I can’t remember the first time I had one, but I doubt I was out of nappies.
My aunt makes the most amazing cheese and tomato quiche and todays air fryer quiche is my take on her version that the whole family go crazy for.
Her quiche comes out whenever there is a family event. Whether it is a wedding, funeral, barbecue or party, her quiche is guaranteed the main spot on the buffet table.
She got me so hooked on it, that by my teens I was annoying her for the recipe.
Now we carry on the quiche tradition here in Portugal. It will go with us on summer picnics to the beach, will be served on New Years Eve and on those times when we just want some delicious comfort food.
Can You Air Fry Quiche?
Yes you can! But note that those huge glass or ceramic dishes used for traditional quiches will not fit in the air fryer.
In fact, they are so big they wont even fit in my air fryer oven!
What you can do instead is make air fryer mini quiches. These individual quiches can be made in silver foil containers, ramekins or whatever else you have to hand.
For example, here are mine using silver foil:
Air Fryer Quiche With Crust
When I make an air fryer quiche, it is all about the delicious crust. I love a crust on my quiche and always use my air fryer pie crust.
This is the same crust that I use in all my air fryer pies and a recipe I have used personally in the Milner Kitchen for the last 20 years, if not longer.
It’s a plain pie crust and I add some extra herbs to it for making quiche with. Or if I am making an air fryer apple pie, I will swap herbs for caster sugar.
If you are on a low carb diet like paleo, I recommend instead you follow our air fryer frittata recipe.
Recipe Tips For Quiche In Air Fryer
For the best air fryer quiche in the air fryer, its about a few basics:
- Pie Crust – Making your own pizza crust makes such a difference. What I do with my pie crust is add a little extra virgin olive oil. Its amazing how light it makes it.
- Seasoning – When I make a quiche, I always add a layer of tomatoes, extra grated cheese and sprinkle some oregano.
- Potlucks – If your quiche is travelling, make it in silver foil containers as it cooks so well in them. Then you don’t have to worry about where you left your favourite ramekins.
- Mix. You don’t have to make a cheese and tomato quiche. You could also do an air fryer quiche lorraine, air fryer spinach quiche or even a salmon quiche.
Any air fryer will do a good job at air fryer quiche, though we are using our Philips Air Fryer XL.
How To Cook Quiche?
The quick version of making quiche in air fryer goes as follows:
- Make pie crust but add in extra herbs so that it is tailored for quiche.
- Prep filling.
- Load in filling and place your mini quiches into the air fryer.
- Air fry + binge.
There is a little more to it than that, but those are the simple basics!
Quiche In Air Fryer Time?
The air fryer quiche cook time is an impressive 18 minutes. We start with a higher 180c/360f to get your quiche going, then reduce to 160c/320f to make sure the centre of the quiche is fully cooked.
How To Reheat Quiche In Air Fryer?
To reheat quiche in air fryer, cook for 5 minutes at 160c/320f. This will make sure it is piping hot again.
What us Milner’s do is make a big batch of air fryer quiche, then the second half becomes the meal for the following day. We also love to eat leftover quiche with some mayonnaise.
Air Fryer Cheese Quiche
- Start by making your pie crust. Add mixed herbs into the crust to give it a better flavour. Roll out into ramekins or other similar containers.
- Using a mixing jug beat eggs with milk and add in salt and pepper.
- Add grated cheese into your ramekins until ¾ full and then pour over your milk and egg mixture to just over ¾ full. Slice in half cherry tomatoes and load over the mixture, then add a sprinkle of extra grated cheese and oregano.
- Air fry for 8 minutes at 180c/360f followed by a further 10 minutes at 160c/320f.
Can’t make it now? Then pin it for later!
Join The RecipeThis.com Community:
Plus, don’t forget to subscribe below to join our email newsletter with updates of our latest recipes, latest freebies, our cooking stories, plus much more: