Air Fryer Duck Fat Potatoes. Introducing you to the most delicious and effortless way to cook roast potatoes in the air fryer. Loaded with duck fat these air fryer duck fat potatoes are in another league.
Air Fryer Duck Fat Potatoes
Everybody loves Dominic’s roast potatoes. They are the best roast potatoes that you will ever try.
Many years ago (before the air fryer) he would roast potatoes in the oven for me and cover them with melted cheese.
I was in food heaven.
People would ask his secret and it was way too much butter. More butter than he would admit to and let’s face it roast potatoes baked in the oven are all about the butter.
I have not had them for many years.
But air fryer duck fat potatoes are the BEST alternative.
Instead of tossing raw air fryer roast potatoes in extra virgin olive oil you use duck fat instead.
They are a creamier fat meaning that you can use less fat than you would with butter for a similar taste.
Whenever I cook air fryer roast duck, I will always save the duck fat, freeze it and then I have a good batch of duck fat for air fryer duck fat potatoes.
What Is Duck Fat Potatoes?
Duck fat potatoes are potatoes that have been cooked in duck fat rather than in oil or butter.
The duck fat works as an alternative to traditional oils and gives you a much better crunch and taste on your roast potatoes.
Have you ever cooked with coconut oil? If so, expect something similar. That same incredibly thick fat that works so well in the air fryer.
I also notice when I wash my hands after cooking with duck fat its that same wonderful feeling on your skin that you get from coconut oil.
Duck Fat Potatoes In Air Fryer
Duck fat potatoes in the air fryer are much easier than cooking duck fat potatoes in the oven.
Instead of oven baking your potatoes they are loaded into the air fryer basket and not long later you have perfectly crispy quick duck fat potatoes.
The cook time for duck fat potatoes in the air fryer is about 80% less of cooking your potatoes in the oven.
Also, if you love duck fat potatoes with garlic and rosemary, then I recommend you follow our air fryer garlic and rosemary roast potatoes and then swap extra virgin olive oil for duck fat.
How To Make Duck Fat Potatoes?
Cooking duck fat potatoes is EASY.
- Peel and dice your potatoes into roast potato sizes.
- Load into a bowl and toss in duck fat and seasoning.
- Load into the air fryer basket.
- Cook for 15 minutes at 160c/320f.
- Shake the duck fat potatoes and cook for a further 5 minutes at 200c/400f.
Make Ahead Duck Fat Potatoes
Can you make duck fat potatoes ahead of time? Absolutely and they are easy to make ahead. Simply do everything apart from cooking your duck fat potatoes.
Then place in the fridge and load into the air fryer when you are ready to cook them.
Can You Reheat Duck Fat Potatoes?
Yes you can. I would recommend a 5 minute cook time at 160c/320f to reheat your leftover duck fat potatoes in the air fryer.
Duck Fat In Air Fryer
I mentioned at the beginning of our duck fat potatoes post, that I like to freeze leftover duck fat to use in duck fat potatoes.
- Simply freeze in small containers, remember one lot of duck fat potatoes do not need a lot of duck fat.
- Load into your air fryer baking pan and use the air fryer to defrost, before loading into your air fryer potatoes. I like to defrost for 3 minutes at 160c/320f.
Air Fryer Duck Fat Potatoes
- Peel and dice your white potatoes into your preferred size of roast potatoes.
- Load into a bowl with your seasoning and your duck fat. Toss with your hands until potatoes are well coated.
- Load into the air fryer basket. Cook for 15 minutes at 160c/320f.
- Shake the air fryer basket and check that the potatoes are cooked by placing a potato on a fork. Cook for a further 5 minutes at 200c/400f.