Air Fryer Garlic Rosemary Lamb Chops. Enjoy a delicious taste of the Mediterranean with our garlic and rosemary lamb chops in the Air Fryer. A few simple ingredients make this classic even more special thanks to the air fryer.
Air Fryer Lamb Chops
I am super guilty here at RecipeThis.com. I have done something super bad. Up until now I have not published any air fryer lamb chops recipes.
I mean how can that be true?
Three years of blogging about the air fryer, with over 250 air fryer recipes and yet NO lamb chops. My readers even tell me that they come to me because of my wide recipe archives for the air fryer, well maybe they are not lamb addicts!
In fact, we have hardly any lamb recipes at all on recipethis.com. I looked through our archives and the only lamb recipes we have are:
This is mainly because lamb is very expensive in Portugal and when we have lamb, I always consider it to be a luxury.
Pork and chicken along with fish is what people put on their dinner plate with some beef and lamb. At many butchers you won’t even be able to get lamb mince.
I mean how wrong is that?
But what I really wanted to try was some lamb chops in the air fryer, so when lamb was back in season at the start of the year, I was there at the Butchers, buying some lamb chops.
Air Fryer Garlic Rosemary Lamb Chops
The lamb chops that we used to make our air fryer garlic rosemary lamb chops with, is what I would call whole foods or US Wellness Meats standard. Its not the quality that you would get in your local supermarket and the price tag showed too.
Because we had bought quality lamb chops for cooking in the air fryer, you could tell by the end result and with how succulent the lamb tasted.
Us Milners were all crowded around the air fryer when it beeped, ready and eager to see how good lamb chops tasted when cooked in the air fryer with simple ingredients.
Well air fryer lamb chops are certainly no let down, even our fluffy cats loved the fat that we reserved for them, from the side of the lamb chops.
How To Cook Lamb Chops In The Air Fryer?
Good lamb chops must tick 2 boxes:
- It MUST be succulent
- It MUST be flavoursome
To get the best results on both counts what I did was:
- Seasoned the lamb chops first and then placed them in the fridge to marinate
- Cooked them an hour later in the air fryer on a medium heat
To get flavoursome lamb chops it is all about the simple ingredients:
It all comes together in the air fryer grill pan. We use the air fryer grill pan as the container for marinating the lamb chops as well as for cooking. This saves on washing up and helps keep you organised. A grill pan for the air fryer is a MUST and we use it for a lot of different air fryer recipes.
How Do You Like Your Lamb Chops?
Cooking time can differ, depending on how well cooked you like your lamb chops. I am a medium girl and don’t mind medium rare too.
But I absolutely hate well done and always complain that well done food is burnt.
But size also matters. If you look at our diagram above, you can see how the sizes of our lamb chops altered.
How the smaller one would become well done, while the biggest one will become medium rare, with the exact same cooking time.
I recommend if your lamb chops are different sizes that you:
Place your smaller lamb chops in last, that way the air fryer has warmed up and your bigger ones have started to cook, as your smaller ones go in.
Just like you would do if you were cooking steak in the air fryer.
Here are our recommended cooking times depending on how you like your lamb chops:
- Medium Rare = 6 minutes each side
- Medium = 8 minutes each side
- Well Done = 10 minutes each side
Air Fryer Garlic Rosemary Lamb Chops
- Place the lamb chops onto the air fryer grill pan.
- Season the top of the lamb chops with salt and pepper and brush with a little olive oil. Then add a little garlic puree on the top of each one too.
- Cover the gaps of your air fryer grill pan with sprigs of fresh rosemary and unpeeled garlic cloves.
- Place the grill pan in the fridge for an hour to marinate.
- After an hour place your grill pan in the air fryer and cook for 6 minutes at 180c/360f.
- After 6 minutes, turn the lamb chops over with a spatula.
- Now follow step #2 again on the other side of the lamb chop but exclude extra olive oil. Cook for a further 6 minutes at the same temperature on the other side.
- Leave it rest for a minute or two, remove the fresh garlic and rosemary and serve.
Can’t make it now? Then pin it for later!
Join The RecipeThis.com Community:
Plus, don’t forget to subscribe below to join our email newsletter with updates of our latest recipes, latest freebies, our cooking stories, plus much more: