Air Fryer Greek Chicken Traybake. How to cook a delicious Greek style chicken traybake in the air fryer oven.
Loaded with chicken thighs, chicken drumsticks, mixed peppers, red onion, lemon wedges, fresh garlic, courgette and flavoured green olives.
Greek Chicken Traybake
Greek Chicken Traybake is the Sunday dinner of my dreams. I love a traybake because when I am tired, and I don’t want to spend all of Sunday in the kitchen I can just produce a quick Greek chicken traybake and that is Sunday dinner done!
A traybake (or a sheet pan if you’re in the US) was one of the first meals that I ever cooked Dominic.
Back when I was 18 and could hardly cook it seemed like the best idea, to blag my way through mealtimes, without the food seeming too bad.
The first time I ever attempted a traybake I think I added some chicken drumsticks with some Chinese sauce out of a jar.
It was okay. Nothing to write home about and as an 18-year-old, I don’t think it was that bad!
I have mixed my chicken traybakes up a lot over the years, but the easy hands free traybake cooking has remained.
The idea that you mix your traybake ingredients in the tray and have very little washing up.
It doesn’t have to be reserved for Sundays either. It makes a fantastic midweek dinner too.
Air Fryer Greek Chicken Traybake
But today we are modernising our Greek chicken traybake by cooking it in the air fryer oven.
You can of course still cook it in the oven if you wish, but as big air fryer fans we love to cook our traybake in the air fryer.
You can cook a traybake in the air fryer of a similar size to the oven, just in two smaller dishes rather than one big one.
It still brings the same result and reminds me how much I love traybakes.
Greek Chicken Traybake Types
There are a few different Greek style chicken traybakes that you could make and here are some of my favourites below:
Greek Chicken Breast Traybake – Use large chicken breasts and chop them in half. Load them on top of your favourite Greek vegetables and bake. Perfect for those that hate bone in chicken.
Greek Chicken And Potato Traybake – The most common type of Greek chicken traybake. When I make a chicken traybake I will often load it up with quartered potatoes, carrots, lemon and chicken thighs and chicken drumsticks. Like you see below:
Greek Chicken & Feta Traybake – If you love a Greek salad then use the Greek salad as your inspiration and make a Greek chicken and feta traybake. Load your traybake with chicken, olives, summer vegetables, lemon and a sprinkling of feta cheese.
Greek Chicken Thigh Traybake – Its rare not to include chicken thighs in my traybakes. I either use a mixture of chicken thighs and chicken drumsticks or just chicken thighs.
I recommend buying chicken legs when on clearance deals and then slicing them into thighs and drumsticks. Then store in the freezer to save for your yummy traybakes!
Greek Lemon Chicken Traybake – Here at the Milners house we have a lemon tree in the garden. We don’t eat lemons a lot so the perfect use for them is in a Greek lemon chicken traybake.
You can use either lemon wedges or lemon slices to make a delicious traybake with. The choice is yours!
What Ingredients & Gadgets Go Into Greek Chicken Traybake?
Here is an example of how they looked:
We loaded our air fryer traybake with:
- Chicken Legs
- Lemon Wedges
- Mixed Peppers
- Garlic Cloves
- Courgettes (zucchini in the US)
- Green Olives
A special shout out to the brand of green olives we used. They are available on Amazon through this link and sell flavoured green olives.
It makes a Greek chicken traybake even more special as it adds so much depth of flavour to the traybake and gives it the wow factor!
The Flavour Of Ollies Olives that we used was their lemon and thyme.
You can also use the Philips Air Fryer XL and load the food directly into the air fryer basket and cook it like you would with a traybake.
Though, the traybake works well in the tray if you have a wet or sticky marinade as it stops your air fryer from getting dirty.
You can also use our air fryer Greek style chicken traybake as your quick reference cheat sheet for your favourite traybakes and sheet pan dinners.
Easy Greek Chicken Traybake Taste
This easy Greek chicken traybake taste is similar to a roast chicken dinner, just with a lot LESS EFFORT.
You get to taste the lovely flavours of Greece and the Greek Islands on your dinner plate and I close my eyes and I am back in the Greek Isles enjoying the best of the Mediterranean vegetables.
Easy Greek Chicken Traybake Recipe
Cooking a chicken traybake in the air fryer is so simple:
- Peel and dice your Greek traybake ingredients.
- Add the vegetables to the tray.
- Add in your seasonings and extra virgin olive oil to the tray and mix with your hands.
- Load the chicken on top and season the chicken.
- Place your chicken traybakes in the air fryer oven and cook on a medium heat.
- Halfway through cooking swap around the shelves.
- Serve with your favourite sides.
More Air Fryer Dinners
Here at Recipe This we love an easy air fryer dinner. An air fryer dinner where everything cooks in the air fryer at the same time. Making it easy for busy people that don’t want to spend all night in the kitchen.
Here are a few of our all time favourite air fryer dinners to try next:
- Air Fryer Roast Chicken Dinner – Featuring air fryer roast chicken, roast potatoes and vegetables all cooked together.
- Air Fryer Lamb Chops & Roast Potatoes – The lamb chops are amazing and the roast potatoes pair with the lamb perfectly. Its just a case of deciding who gets the last roast potato!
- Air Fryer Taco Pie – All cooked together in one of those air fryer baking pans this is a fantastic way to have dinner in the air fryer. You can also serve it for a movie night in too.
- Air Fryer Lasagna – Yes you can make a lasagna in your air fryer! Plus, it is delicious and easy. Perfect for a midweek dinner and ideal with your favourite side salad.
Air Fryer Greek Chicken Traybake
- Air Fryer
- 8 Inch Baking Pans
- Peel and quarter your red onion. Then pull it apart so that each quarter resembles about 4 chunks of red onion.
- Deseed and slice your mixed peppers into quarters.
- Slice your courgette into 4 courgette quarters and then slice each quarter in half. So that you have big chunks of courgette that won’t over cook.
- Quarter the lemons.
- Peel your garlic cloves.
- Half your chicken legs so that you have 2 chicken thighs and 2 chicken drumsticks.
- Spread the ingredients you have prepped between two 8-inch baking trays that will fit in your air fryer oven.
- Load each tray with flavoured green olives.
- Split the seasoning and extra virgin olive oil between the two trays and add on top. Mix each tray well with your hands.
- Place the chicken pieces on top and rub extra virgin olive oil into the skin. Season the skin with salt and pepper.
- Place the trays in the air fryer oven and cook for 30 minutes at 160c/320f. Then swap the shelves around so that they have rotated top to middle shelves. Cook for a further 50 minutes at 180c/360f.
Can’t make it now? Then pin it for later!
Join The RecipeThis.com Community:
Plus, don’t forget to subscribe below to join our email newsletter with updates of our latest recipes, latest freebies, our cooking stories, plus much more: