Air Fryer Oven Cheese Nachos. How to make delicious air fryer loaded nachos in your Air Fryer Oven. Easy to prep and easy to mix and match with your favourite nacho ingredients.
Air Fryer Cheese Nachos
I remember like it was yesterday, the first time I ever had nachos. We were at Disney World in the Mexican section of Epcot. We had this mad idea to go around the different countries in Epcot and have a snack at each.
We had arrived at noon and it was now late at night and we had eaten more food that we can care to remember and said we must get something nice in Mexico.
That something nice was beef nachos.
We ate a good chunk of them and complained they were too spicy (not tried much Mexican food at this point) and left about half of them.
Talk about a waste of nachos.
But the nachos were delicious, even though they were too spicy for us. It didn’t help that we didn’t have a drink with us.
That is what is so great about making nachos yourself at home. You can choose the level of spice as well as deciding what you are going to load up your nachos with.
Though today we are making air fryer cheese nachos via our new air fryer oven.
Air Fryer Oven Nachos
This summer we bought our first ever air fryer oven. It was the Power Air Fryer Oven (here is our unboxing) and is the air fryer oven that most of our readers have too.
We wanted to have an air fryer oven similar to our readers, that way our air fryer oven recipes would be easy for them to follow at home.
Over the last 2 years I have had a lot of recipe requests, but the one that gets asked over and over again is air fryer nachos, or more specifically air fryer oven nachos.
Well this is it!
Our air fryer oven nachos are vegetarian. After all cheese nachos are just the best and you can use refried beans for the delicious creamy wet texture rather than using beef or chicken. Or add some meat in if you prefer.
That is what is great about air fryer nachos, you can load them up with your favourite toppings and pick and choose how you have yours.
Or if you want more heat, you can add extra spices to your nachos, it just depends on how you like them.
I am just here to show you just how easy cheese nachos are to make in the air fryer. Giving you yet another great idea for your air fryer or air fryer oven.
8 Inch Square Baking Tray
The first thing that you must think about prior to making your air fryer cheese nachos is having a dish of the right size. It needs to fit into the air fryer oven and have tall edges so that it is more like a cake pan rather than a sheet pan.
That is because you need to solve a few problems:
- Deep Enough – You want to layer up your cheese nachos so if it is shallow then they won’t fit properly.
- Size Matters – Eight inches square is the perfect size for fitting inside of the air fryer oven. We bought a few 8 inch square dishes to use in our air fryer oven and they are perfect for air fryer cheese nachos and other recipes too.
- Non-Stick – You want a pan that will not have all the food sticking to it each time you use it. When I got my new baking pans, they have been easy clean and not needed scrubbing after use.
Air Fryer Loaded Nachos
We love Mexican food and different nacho toppings so much that it was hard to limit it to just a few. We wanted anything and everything on our air fryer loaded nachos.
In the end we cooked our air fryer nachos with:
- Refried Beans
Then when we had finished cooking our air fryer nachos, we loaded them with:
- Sour Cream
You can of course pick and choose depending on what nacho toppings that you have in.
How To Air Fry Cheese Nachos?
It is so simple to make cheese nachos in the air fryer. It is a case of grabbing your favourite toppings, loading them up into your air fryer baking pan and then cooking them in your air fryer oven.
I started by heating up my refried beans in the air fryer. This is also when I add my nacho seasoning and any extras that I want to include. Its easy to mix them in with the refried beans and you can use this as your base flavour for your air fryer cheese nachos.
Once the refried beans are heated up, it’s a case of assembling your cheese nachos:
- Add a layer of nachos
- Add your refried beans layer
- Add a cheese layer
- Add more nachos
- Add guacamole, salsa and sweetcorn
- Add more cheese
It really is as simple as that. Plus there is hardly any food that goes into nachos that you have to prep as most of the ingredients go in as they are.
Our only prep for our air fryer cheese nachos was:
- Grating the cheese (you could buy already grated)
- Slicing the spring onion
Making it perfect for if you are in a rush for dinner or have a pantry that needs running down.
Tips For Perfect Air Fryer Cheese Nachos
- Avoid One Layer. Many cheese nacho recipes call for one layer of nacho chips. If you cook your air fryer cheese nachos like this, you will end up with soggy nachos.
- Cook The Bottom Layer First. In our case the bottom nacho topping is our refried beans, they need to be cooked first, before other layers are loaded up. This stops the soggy effect and helps combine the layers into one big loaded cheese nachos feast.
- Spicy Or Not Spicy. You can choose how hot and spicy you have your nachos. I like to make my cheese nachos mild because then I can serve them to my 2 year old and he can enjoy them too. Then if I want mine hotter I can add some extra salsa to my portion.
The great thing about making Air Fryer Cheese Nachos is that it’s a quick load it all up recipe that can easily feed a family once cooked. You can serve it at the dinner table as part of a Mexican feast or its also perfect for 2 people to share for lunch.
Air Fryer Oven Cheese Nachos
- Clean and thinly slice your spring onion.
- Into a small air fryer baking pan place the refried beans, a tablespoon of water, your spring onion and taco seasoning. Cook in the air fryer oven for 4 minutes at 160c/320f. Mix well.
- Layer the bottom of your 8 inch baking pan with nacho chips, allowing them to overlap slightly.
- Add your refried beans layer.
- Add half of your cheese. Mixing it so that the cheese is evenly distributed and will create a cheese layer for your nachos.
- Add your second layer of nachos.
- Add a layer of sweetcorn as well as creating teaspoon blobs of your salsa and guacamole.
- Add a final layer with the rest of your cheese.
- Cook for 6 minutes on the top shelf of your air fryer oven at 180c/360f.
- 1Serve with your favourite nacho toppings.
Can’t make it now? Then pin it for later!
Join The RecipeThis.com Community:
Plus, don’t forget to subscribe below to join our email newsletter with updates of our latest recipes, latest freebies, our cooking stories, plus much more: