Air Fryer Carrots. How to cook delicious air fryer roasted carrots with step by step instructions. Includes different variations of air fryer carrots depending on what you are serving your carrots with. Ideal for a quick vegetable side dish and one that is a regular in the Milner house.
But I have something even better than our air fryer carrots for you to check out first.
It is our Learn Your Air Fryer online course and our free air fryer mini course. They are ideal for air fryer beginners. The free course runs for 5 days and is in the format of an email miniseries. While the learn your air fryer course runs every week with a new PDF and ecookbook for a whole year.
Or browse our site as we have 400+ air fryer recipes that are easy to recreate at home and we have been showing people how to use the air fryer since 2011.
We were also the first to ever show people how to roast carrots in the air fryer.
Originally published in 2017. These air fryer roasted carrots are an updated post with more tips, improved recipe and more carrot marinade ideas. We hope you like the updated version.
Air Fryer Carrots
You probably want to know what the story is behind these air fryer carrots. After all, us Milner’s have been roasting carrots in the air fryer for a decade.
Well with air fryer carrots it’s all about the convenience. A healthy convenience that you can just throw in the air fryer and then have as a great side dish for dinner.
I am a huge fan of carrots. It goes way back to when I was a little girl and I used to spend the day with my grandad on his allotment. He would grow amazing vegetables, which included a huge amount of carrots.
I would grab a carrot from the soil, rinse it under the tap and enjoy.
Fast forward more than 30 years and carrots are often one of the cheapest veggies and ideal for throwing in the air fryer and then you know that no matter how tired you are, you have got vegetables on the dinner table.
In the Milner house our lazy dinner will often involve these carrots. We will air fry some carrots, then in the instant pot cook instant pot rotisserie chicken.
Only slightly more effort than peeling some potatoes and just eating air fryer fries for dinner!
Can You Air Fry Carrots?
Absolutely! Carrots in the air fryer taste delicious, can be done in a variety of different ways. You just need to master the air fryer carrots cook time and you are all set.
But don’t worry you don’t have to do that, as we have tested the cook times for you already!
What Are Carrots In Air Fryer Like?
AMAZING. I just want to shout at you and say how amazing carrots in air fryer are, because they are one of the best vegetable side dishes that your air fryer can make for you.
They are like roasted carrots in the oven, but with less calories because you don’t need as much oil and certainly don’t need any butter or lard.
When we cook carrots in the air fryer we always comment about how organic the carrots taste afterwards, even though we haven’t used organic carrots in the recipe. They just have such an amazing flavour.
Air Fryer Roasted Carrots
You can cook air fryer roasted carrots, just like you would in the oven, just using the air fryer basket instead, or the top shelf of the air fryer oven.
So how would you normally have your roasted carrots? As you can convert that favourite recipe to the air fryer.
- Air Fryer Honey Glazed Carrots – My all time favourite way to enjoy carrots. I will mix extra virgin olive oil, honey, garlic and parsley. Then toss the carrots in the honey glaze before cooking and then add a little extra after cooking.
- Air Fryer Maple Glazed Carrots – I will do the exact same thing as I do with honey glazed carrots but swap the honey for maple. Ideal for if you follow a honey free diet.
- Air Fryer Balsamic Carrots – If you want to make carrots that are oil free, I recommend subbing extra virgin olive oil for balsamic vinegar. It makes a delicious glaze on the carrots and you will want seconds.
- Garlic Parmesan Air Fryer Carrots – I do this more with my air fryer carrot fries, but its also great for roasted carrots too. When cooking time is complete add extra parmesan to the carrots and always cook your carrots in garlic.
How Do You Air Fry Carrots?
If you imagine how you cook roasted carrots in the oven and imagine your baking tray is your air fryer basket.
The carrots are tossed in a seasoning first and then loaded into the air fryer basket. You then cook your air fryer carrots at two different temperatures.
The first will slowly cook the carrots and the other will make the carrots crispy.
Ninja Foodi Carrots
If you have the Ninja Foodi you can take advantage of it being a pressure cooker and air fryer in one.
Instead of just going in first with Ninja foodi roasted carrots, you can use the pressure cooker first. Then load into the air fryer steamed carrots. Toss them in the marinade and half the air fryer cooking time.
You are then not waiting as long for the carrots to cook and the crispy on them is amazing.
How To Cook Carrots In Air Fryer?
Cooking carrots in air fryer is one of the EASIEST EVER air fryer recipes.
- Peel and dice carrots into thirds.
- Toss in a bowl with your air fryer carrot seasoning.
- Air fry + shake + cook some more.
- Serve with extra carrot glaze.
There is a little bit more to air fryer carrots, but that is the basics.
Air Fryer Time For Carrots?
The air fryer time for carrots is much quicker than you would think. No roasting carrots in the oven for an hour, thanks to the air fryer.
Just an easy 20 minute cook time and they are DONE!
More Simple Air Fryer Vegetable Recipes
But beyond those, here are a few other Milner family favourites:
- Air Fryer Carrot Fries
- Air Fryer Vegetable Fries
- Air Fryer Peppers
- Air Fryer Frozen Cauliflower
- Air Fryer Cherry Tomatoes
Air Fryer Carrots
- Slice and dice your carrots into thirds and give them a quick wash.
- Mix marinade in a bowl using a fork and make sure the honey is well mixed. Add in carrots and mix with your hands. Fridge your carrots for an hour.
- Load carrots in the air fryer basket. Cook for 15 minutes at 180c/360f. Shake the air fryer basket, check that the carrots are soft with a fork and cook for a final 5 minutes at 200c/400f.
- You can also make some extra glaze to toss the carrots in at the end of cooking (my 4 year old insists on it) or reserve some from the bowl from earlier.
Can’t make it now? Then pin it for later!
Join The RecipeThis.com Community:
Plus, don’t forget to subscribe below to join our email newsletter with updates of our latest recipes, latest freebies, our cooking stories, plus much more: