Welcome to our air fryer easy chocolate muffins.
I remember when I first had a muffin. I must have been about ten years old. My Grandparents lived about 40 minutes away and I used to often go and visit them for a week. It was a great opportunity to catch up with them and like any kid the enjoyment of your grandparents spoiling you before handing you back to your parents full of sugar and other badness.
Well I used to join them in their weekly routine and one of them was doing the weekly grocery shop at Morrison’s. It was the supermarket that we didn’t have and it always felt like a treat to go.
We would then walk around the supermarket and they would put their goodies in the trolley. It always amazed me how many different sugar treats that they bought.
And how they could spend three times what my parents did on a weekly shop when there was only two of them.
We would be at the buns section and they would put item after item in and ask me what I wanted. I would always end up with the chocolate muffin. It was something that was mainly American that you couldn’t get anywhere else.
I would then eat it for supper later. Though before I got the chance we would end up in the supermarket café for dinner. Talk about eating until we would burst!
This chocolate muffins recipe is very easy to do and reminds me of my childhood and I hope you enjoy it. Though I am sure if I had said to my Grandma back in 1992 that I am going to recreate this in 24 years with an air fryer she would have thought I had lost the plot!
Air fryer Easy Chocolate Muffins
- Preheat the airfryer to 180c.
- Mix the flour, sugar and cocoa in a large mixing bowl.
- Rub in the butter until have a breadcrumbs consistency.
- Crack the eggs into a small mixing bowl, add the milk and mix well.
- Add the egg/milk mixture into the large mixing bowl and mix well.
- Add the vanilla essence, mix well and then add a little water if it is too thick. You should now have something that resembles a bun mix.
- Using a rolling pin bash your milk chocolate in a sandwich bag until they are a mix of sizes. Add it to the bowl and mix again for the last time.
- Spoon into little bun cases and place in the airfryer.
- Cook for 9 minutes on 180c followed by 6 minutes on 160c.