Air Fryer Pull Apart Bread Rolls. Delicious homemade air fryer bread rolls that are easy to prep and bake perfectly in the air fryer, actifry or air fryer oven. Mix and match ingredients based on season and much cheaper than buying bread rolls from the bakery.
Homemade Bread In Air Fryer
Welcome to my Air Fryer Pull Apart Bread. The bread of your dreams that you can make over and over again and use for a whole variety of dishes, not just pull apart bread.
I remember the day I decided I wanted to get a bread maker in our kitchen again. It was the day that we viewed the house that we now own.
It was a summers day in 2014 and there was a lack of communication between the property owners and the estate agents.
When we arrived to view the house, the owners were all there having their breakfast. I had never seen such a big family in quite a small house and there was mattresses everywhere to home everybody.
But the smell of the fresh bread drove me crazy.
That smell that makes you want to eat bread straight away even if you are not hungry.
I thought if I get this country cottage, I am going to buy a bread maker and make delicious smelling bread like this. That time did come, and I do have this bread maker now and I can happily say, as I type this it is making me more homemade bread!
If I am in a rush for some homemade bread, I will get the bread maker out, make the bread dough, then cook it in the air fryer. Or if I am not in a rush make it all with the air fryer.
I will show you how to do both today so that you can get lost in the comforting world of homemade bread.
Can I Bake Bread In An Air Fryer?
Absolutely! And OMG it is amazing and if you love bread, making it in the air fryer will become your latest air fryer thing.
It is like classic bread rolls that are cooked touching one another that become air fryer pull apart bread.
Make this pull apart this bread for supper and serve with your favourite soups and casseroles. I love it most with our soup maker chicken soup, slow cooker venison stew, or to make gammon sandwiches after making slow cooker gammon in coke.
You can also use our air fryer bread dough for a whole range of other recipes. Use it to make pizza, make into a bread loaf or just keep as your go to bread rolls recipe.
Bread Rolls Vs Dinner Rolls
Though, I am sure where you live, it might not be called bread rolls.
I would of course just call it bread rolls, but many parts of the world have a different name. In Manchester, England it is always called a barm cake. Or maybe instead of bread rolls you call it dinner rolls?
No matter what its name to you, know that you can adapt it, it is easy to make, and it freezes perfectly too.
Bread In Air Fryer
I find that making bread in air fryer, has lots of different methods and that making bread in the air fryer to one person, might be totally different to another. You can also use the bread in the air fryer method for different stages of the bread making cooking process.
- Air Fryer Bread Dough – My favourite method is just using the air fryer for making the bread dough. The air fryer on a low heat can prove bread much quicker compared to the classic way.
- Air Fryer Quick Bread – My favourite method where you just use the air fryer to cook already made bread dough. Follow our how to make bread in the bread maker, but instead set the dough setting and cook the bread rolls in the air fryer. The difference in cooking time is fantastic and the best air fryer quick bread recipe you will ever find.
- Brown & Serve Rolls In Air Fryer – Use the air fryer with already bought bread. Add egg wash or extra virgin olive oil to your bread and load into the air fryer. Not only with the air fryer brown the dinner rolls but it will also warm them up perfectly.
- Frozen Bread Dough In Air Fryer – You can also grab frozen bread dough from the freezer, load it into the air fryer and cook bread dough from frozen. If you scroll to the bottom of the post you can see our opinion of frozen bread dough in the air fryer including frozen bread roll cooking times.
How To Bake Bread In An Air Fryer?
Making bread in the air fryer is SIMPLE and a perfect starting point for learning how to bake in the air fryer.
- Make the dough in your bread maker. Usually this takes less than 30 minutes.
- Flour your hands to stop them from sticking and make dough shapes with your hands.
- Load into the air fryer, making sure they are just touching.
- Air fry and serve while still warm with butter.
Air Fryer Pull Apart Bread Rolls
- Prepare the bread. Rub your butter into your flour until the butter is well mixed in. Warm the milk and oils in a pan until they are luke warm. Add the yeast and the pan mixture into the bowl and mix with your hands until it makes a dough.
- Knead the bread for 5 minutes. Place the bread dough into the air fryer basket to prove. Set the time to 10 minutes and the temperature to 60c/140f.
- After it has proved make into bread roll shapes.
- Easy Pull Apart Bread. For it to become pull apart bread rolls, make them into medium sized bread rolls but make sure that they are touching each other and don’t have room to breathe. And place the bread rolls directly into the air fryer. This will give you the pull apart look. Finally cook for 15 minutes at 185c/365f.
- Brown Glaze. Stop the air fryer 5 minutes from final time and brush the tops and sides with egg wash. It will give it that wonderful brown golden glow.
Frozen Bread Dough In Air Fryer
We have not cooked bread dough from frozen in the air fryer for a long, long time and decided to have a quick experiment to see if it is as good as we first remember.
What we did was make our bread maker bread but instead of clicking for a bread loaf we clicked for dough instead. Then Dominic rolled our bread dough into balls once it was ready and we loaded it onto our favourite sheet pan. Though first, we sprinkled the sheet pan with flour so that they wouldn’t stick to it.
It was then placed in the freezer until the bread dough balls were solid. Then they were removed from the sheet pan and loaded into a zip loc bag like you see below:
You do this because it stops the bread dough from sticking together and helps with freezer space.
Then when you are ready you can cook your bread dough balls from frozen. The frozen dinner rolls air fryer cook time is as follows:
- 10 minutes at 80c/180f (this partially defrosts the rolls)
- 10 minutes at 160c/320f (this cooks the rolls)
Your air fryer bread dough rolls are now ready and taste just as good as fresh but have a slightly browner crust.
We love making bread dough and then freezing it for later. A great way to make bread in bulk for another day on a budget.
Can’t make it now? Then pin it for later!
Join The RecipeThis.com Community:
Plus, don’t forget to subscribe below to join our email newsletter with updates of our latest recipes, latest freebies, our cooking stories, plus much more: