Welcome to my Air fryer Pineapple Cake recipe.
What I love about a pineapple is how big they are and how PERFECT they are for when you want to stick to frugal family meals and want to stretch out your pineapple. As you know this month is all about frugal family meals and cooking on a budget, but at the same time eating well.
In other words eating like a king on the budget of a servant!
When I get a pineapple it will usually cost me about 3 euros. It will be about 3 kilos so it is generally a euro a kilo. It will then be chopped up into cubes (thanks Dominic for chopping up every pineapple I have ever bought!) and it will fill one of those super sized mixing bowls.
You know the sort. The ones that are so big you only ever us it when you are making a big batch of bread or doing loads of baking. It will then last us about two weeks and we will use it in all kinds of dishes.
It will go in the slow cooker for some delicious sweet and sour chicken, for some Hawaiian chicken and pineapple, for pizza, for cheese on sticks, in salads, in stir fry meals and so on.
But the mistake many make is that they don’t use it enough in desserts. It is lovely in a pineapple cake, heated up with some cinnamon sprinkled on top or even better in a sundae.
In this recipe I am taking my classic fruit cake recipe and then adapting it for pineapple. So if you have some leftover pineapple then give it a go like this.
More Baking Recipes In The Air Fryer
- Fruit Crumble Mug Cakes
- Airfryer Chocolate Mug Cake
- British Lemon Tarts
- White Chocolate Chip Cookies
- Airfryer Banana Bread
- The Ultimate Airfryer Doughnuts
- Airfryer Chocolate Eclairs
- Airfryer Chocolate Brownies
- Airfryer Mini Apple Pies
Air Fryer Pineapple Cake
- Preheat the Airfryer to 200c and grease a cake tin.
- In a bowl mix the butter into the flour. Rub it in until the mixture resembles breadcrumbs.
- Stir in the sugar, add the pineapple chunks and juice and add the dark chocolate. Put to one side.
- Beat the egg and milk together in a jug.
- Mix the liquid to the breadcrumbs mixture until you have a soft cake mixture.
- Cook in the Airfryer for 40 minutes on a 200c heat.
- Rest for 10 minutes and then serve.