Welcome to my Air Fried Avocado Slices. A new and exciting way to enjoy avocados. Dipped in a delicious coriander and lime gluten free crust and perfect for sharing. A new favourite in the Milner household.
I must admit I was a virgin as far as avocados were concerned until my late 20’s. In fact the first time I ever had one was in my favourite detox smoothie. It was a diet one that was doing the rounds at the time and was written for Katie Price while she lost weight ready for her wedding. I gave it a go (its on the blog here) when we still lived in England and have done it a couple of times since moving to Portugal.
But whenever I did, the recipe called for some avocado and I would never eat it and it just looked like fat to me and I would hardly drink olive oil, so the avocado was going to go directly into the smoothie and not into my mouth in solid form.
That is how it was for several years until I discovered Paleo and decided to see what the fuss was all about with eating avocados.
I tried one. And OMG I fell into foodie heaven. All of a sudden I was hooked on them and couldn’t stop. I would buy 12 a week from my local street trader and avocados were my new best friend.
I would have them with my chicken because it’s the law that a chicken salad must involve chicken and avocado. I would have them in a nice pretty boat with a fried egg just because it’s a great healthy start to the day or best of all as the most delicious avocado sauce to cook your meat in.
It also became my pregnancy craving while I was carrying my youngest. I used to eat at least 2 of them a day and even now as he is learning to walk he still loves avocado just as much as when he was growing inside of me.
But did you know?..…..I have never actually tried them warm. They have always been cool. Even when I had them with the fried egg I would wait until they had cooled down.
I just didn’t like the idea of it. But I am all for trying new things and my new thing is finally here in the shape of Air Fried Avocado Slices. They are my new addiction and served with a delicious thousand island sauce and I am in. I just want to eat air fried avocado slices all the time now and have found that air fried avocado is one of those things that we should all have in our diet.
You can take them to work, take them to school snack on them, have them for breakfast or for a side for dinner.
However you have your Air Fried Avocado Slices just remember these are Whole 30 compliant, Paleo, perfect for low carb diets and so much more.
Air Fried Avocado Slices Recipe
- Place your avocados onto your cutting board. Remove the skin and chop the avocados into similar shapes to potato wedges.
- Squeeze lime juice of one of the limes over the avocados. Season the avocados with salt and pepper and a sprinkling of coriander.
- Place the lime rind, the oats and the seasoning into the blender and blend until you have a coarse breadcrumbs style mixture. Place the mixture into a shallow mixing bowl.
- Drown your avocados into the breadcrumbs and make sure they are well covered.
- Place them on the grill pan in your Airfryer and cook for 6 minutes at 180c/360f. Cook for a further 6 minutes at 200c/400f turning after 3 minutes so that each side has been cooked at 200 degrees.
- Squeeze the leftover lime juice over the air fried avocado slices before serving.
- Serve with thousand island or your own dipping sauce.