Chicken Marinade Recipes are essential in any good kitchen. They can take a bit of chicken from regular to spectacular. In my AMAZING chicken marinades, I will be sharing with you the best chicken marinades from around the Mediterranean. Giving you plenty of chicken marinade recipes, based on your mood and based on what ingredients you have in your cupboard for making your own chicken marinade recipes.
I am going to start by saying I am absolutely obsessed with marinating chicken. Out of all the food that I marinate its my favourite.
Don’t think things have to be over complicated because they don’t. You can simply marinade a piece of chicken breast, leave it in the fridge for an hour and then go back to it later. Or for a plan B freeze your chicken it its marinade as you cook it for the most amazing marinated chicken for later.
All these chicken marinade recipes that I have outlined below are ones that we have on a regular basis in our house and that are easy to make at home from the ingredients that you will often have in.
Earlier this month I shared on RecipeThis.com photos from the herbs and spices that we have in our house. We have lots of different spices but very few of them are ready made to go chicken marinade mixes. Instead they are all simple seasonings, that when they are brought together make the BEST EVER chicken rubs and chicken marinades that you have ever tried.
You can see them in action here:
This year on RecipeThis.com we are celebrating the amazing cookbook of Mrs Beeton & her book of household management. Nothing seems better than to modernise the chicken that was loved and consumed throughout that era.
In 1969 when my Mrs Beeton book was published, big on the agenda was chicken pie, chicken liver pate as well as roast chicken with all the trimmings. Away from this there was a lot of chicken dishes cooked, but they were often missing their chicken marinade.
When you first learn how to cook, one of the best things to learn is how to marinade chicken. That way you can simply serve it up with some potatoes and veg and you have a delicious dinner with very little effort.
Did I mention how cheap making your own chicken marinade is? I mean these chicken marinade recipes that I follow are so cheap, you will not even notice the price of them. Especially, when you compare this to the cost of buying a jar of chicken marinade sauce.
Oil Free Chicken Breast Marinades For Your Airfryer
Each of my 5 chicken marinade recipes mentioned below have something fantastic in common. They are all free of oil. No butter, no olive oil, no coconut oil and no vegetable oil. Just soak them in their chicken marinade and cook them. They are also ALL cooked in my Philips Airfryer. Just because its quick, its easy and makes you feel like you have pan fried or deep fried with a lot less mess and cooking time.
But you don’t just have to use these chicken breast recipes in the Airfryer, you can cook them however you like. Plus you could use any type of chicken, pork, turkey or white fish with these marinades.
Chicken Marinade Cooking Instructions
No matter what the chicken marinade you are following below the same system applies:
- All of our chicken marinade recipes can be frozen straight after marinating.
- The chicken marinade recipes can be stored in the fridge until the chicken is due to expire with its use by date.
- You must thaw out your chicken prior to creating your chicken marinade. I always get my chicken out the night before I plan to marinade it and then let it thaw out in the fridge.
- These chicken marinades were planned around slow cooking them. But you can also use these marinades for pan frying, air frying, oven baked but NOT the Instant Pot pressure cooker.
There are 3 ways you can make your chicken marinade:
- You can mix the ingredients in a bowl and then place the bowl in the fridge with cling film over your chicken marinade.
- You can lay them out over a silver foil sheet and marinade them from here. Then seal it up and cook it like this as silver foil cooking packets.
- You can mix the ingredients in a freezer bag, shake the bag and then either fridge or freezer it.
[clickToTweet tweet=”Amazing #Chicken #Marinade #Recipes (from around the Mediterranean) @recipe_this” quote=”Amazing #Chicken #Marinade #Recipes (from around the Mediterranean) @recipe_this”]
Chicken Marinade Recipes
Below you will find all of our flavoursome chicken marinade recipes from around the Mediterranean. Just grab your chicken and then marinade it as you please:
Chicken Marinade Recipes #1 – Lemon Chicken Marinade
Lemon Chicken Marinade
- Rub the chicken breasts with salt and pepper.
- Peel and dice the garlic cloves.
- Place the ingredients together in a freezer bag including the chicken and shake.
- After an hour cook in the Airfryer for 15 minutes at 180c/360f in its baking pan.
Chicken Marinade Recipes #2 – Honey Garlic Mustard Chicken Marinade
Honey Garlic Mustard Chicken Marinade
- Sprinkle the chicken with salt and pepper. We used our favourite local sea salt for this.
- In your Airfryer baking pan add to it the honey, mustard and garlic and mix well. Cover both sides of the chicken in the marinade so that they are well covered.
- Cook in the Airfryer for 15 minutes at 180c/360f in its baking pan.
Chicken Marinade Recipes #3 – Best Ever Mediterranean Chicken Marinade
Best Ever Mediterranean Chicken Marinade
- Season full chicken breasts with salt and pepper. Put them to one side.
- In the Airfryer baking pan add all the ingredients (apart from the chicken) and give it a good stir with a wooden spoon.
- Add to it the chicken breast. Mix well with your hands and place the Airfryer baking pan inside your Airfryer.
- Cook for 12 minutes at 180c/360f.
- Turn the chicken and cook for a further 8 minutes at the same temperature.
Chicken Marinade Recipes #4 – Best Ever French Chicken Marinade
Best Ever French Chicken Marinade
- Slice your chicken breasts into bite sized pieces. Season them with salt and pepper and place them into your freezer bag.
- Peel and dice in half all of your garlic cloves.
- Place the garlic and the rest of your marinade ingredients into your freezer bag.
- Give it a shake and place in the fridge for an hour so that your chicken can marinade properly.
- Remove the chicken from the bag and place it in your Airfryer grill pan inside your Airfryer. Do this along with 2/3 of the marinade. Though make sure the chicken isn’t overcrowded so that it has chance to cook properly.
- Cook for 10 minutes at 180c/360f.
- After 10 minutes using tongs turn the chicken and add the rest of the marinade.
- Cook for a further 5 minutes at 200c/400f and then serve.
Chicken Marinade Recipes #5 – Best Ever Piri Piri Chicken Marinade
Best Ever Piri Piri Chicken Marinade
- Place all of the ingredients into a freezer bag. Give it a good shake and place in the fridge for an hour.
- Remove the chicken and place it on the grill pan in your Airfryer cook for 15 minutes at 180c/360f.
- Turn over with tongs and then cook on the other side for a further 5 minutes at the same temperature.
Where To Source Your Chicken To Make All Of These Chicken Marinades:
Once A Month Cooking
I decided I can do one better than just to show you how to marinade your chicken for later. How about cooking just once a month and then having the rest of the monthb free of cooking. It’s the ultimate cooking adventure and perfect if you like time for preparing dinner.
Once A Month Meals teaches you how to grocery shop once a month and then do all your cooking in one go. Forget spending hours in the kitchen with your chicken marinade and give it a go. You can sign up for it here.