Chicken Parmesan in the Air Fryer. A classic chicken parmesan cooked in the Air Fryer with spaghetti and a homemade tomato sauce. Covered with lots of mozzarella and parmesan cheese for that heavenly chicken and cheese moment.
I have to say that chicken parmesan in the air fryer was meant for people like me to eat each and every day.
I love chicken parmesan in the air fryer because:
- I love breaded chicken breasts
- I prefer butterfly chicken as I am not a huge eater
- I love cheese
- I love spaghetti
- I love making homemade tomato sauce
All together you bring all this into my life and onto my dinner plate and I am in food heaven.
Plus, it’s so much healthier than the way that I used to enjoy breaded chicken. From childhood nobody ever breaded it for you, it was always thanks to the freezer department of the local supermarket.
Normally it would be Aldi’s. You got sucked in with the convenience of processed foods. You could literally place one of these breaded chicken pieces into the oven, serve it with some fries from the deep fat fryer and then you had dinner.
None of us cared about the damage that they played on your health, just that it was an easy dinner for us and our families.
But thanks to this amazing technology of air fryers for air fried foods, blenders for making quick breadcrumbs, then we can make it much healthier without feeling like we are spending all day in the kitchen.
Even better, get organised and create your own production line and its even easier:
Here at the Milners even though chicken breaded and cooked in the air fryer is a regular thing, this was the first time my little ones had tried proper chicken parmesan in the air fryer and they were hooked. I have never seen them so quiet eating before!
Plus, today is Friday which is the home of our Friday night fakeaways when we enjoy delicious homemade takeaways and I doubt there is anything better for supper than chicken parmesan in the air fryer.
[clickToTweet tweet=”#Chicken #Parmesan In The #Airfryer #Recipe @recipe_this” quote=”#Chicken #Parmesan In The #Airfryer #Recipe @recipe_this”]
How To Make Chicken Parmesan In The Air Fryer
- Start by making your spaghetti. Boil it in a medium sized pan following packet instructions. When it has boiled and is just cooked drain it and wipe dry the pan. Place in the pan the coconut butter, salt, pepper and garlic puree. Cook on a medium heat until the butter has melted, and the garlic is mixed in. Using tongs mix the spaghetti into the coconut garlic butter. Put to one side.
- Create your production line. Beat together 3 large eggs in one bowl. In a second bowl add your flour and mix it with some salt and pepper. In a third bowl have your breadcrumbs.
- To make breadcrumbs blend 1/3 of a bread loaf in the blender and add to it salt, pepper, oregano and basil. When it resembles breadcrumbs place it on a plate or bowl and mix in your parmesan.
- Roll the chicken breasts in the flour, then in the egg and then the breadcrumbs. Making sure that the breadcrumbs is generously coating the chicken.
- Place the chicken parmesan in the air fryer and cook for 10 minutes at 180c/360f. After 10 minutes add a layer of parmesan cheese, then a layer of mozzarella cheese and cook for a further 2 minutes.
- Serve the chicken parmesan over the spaghetti and warm tomato sauce.
You can cook your parmesan chicken in the air fryer either in the air fryer grill pan or directly in the air fryer basket. I always warm up the tomato sauce in a small saucepan, when the chicken is a couple of minutes off being done in the Air Fryer.
This way the tomato sauce will be at the right temperature when it comes to dishing up dinner. When making spaghetti for your chicken parmesan in the Air Fryer, I find the secret is to mix it with a coconut and garlic butter. It gives it a much better flavour and is so easy to make. But it’s always a good idea to have good tongs for tossing your spaghetti in its butter and for cooking the spaghetti.
I use shredded parmesan cheese NOT grated. This is because it creates delicious chunks rather than tiny bits of cheese. I use 30g of parmesan in the breadcrumbs and the rest is melted over chicken BEFORE the layer of mozzarella cheese.
When I am measuring out my plain flour I just add ¾ of the amount in the breadcrumbs bowl. No need to measure it out and then if you run short just add a little bit more. If using FROZEN chicken breasts adjust the time to the same temperature just 16 minutes instead of 12. Apply the 14-minute rule if your chicken breasts are large and have not been butterflied before cooking.
I always make a big batch of homemade tomato sauce once a month. Then I freeze it into freezer jars and then use it for recipes like this, to save having to make a homemade tomato sauce with each recipe. You can get my recipe here.
We have found the best place to source chicken breasts to make Chicken Parmesan In The Air Fryer is from ButcherBox. You even receive free bacon and $10 off your first order when you sign up with this link.