Welcome to my flourless crunchy onion rings in the air fryer recipe. Here is an air fryer owners dream come true. These are my crunchy onion rings that are completely gluten free and will have you begging for more.
I should start by saying that I have always had and always will have an onion rings addiction. I have always loved them. It started as a nice side to have when you went out for burger and chips, then I became addicted to them at KFC and it has gone on from there.
I actually remember having them in KFC as a child with some fries and coleslaw. Though this was more because my parents loved KFC and when you were a vegetarian there in the 80’s that was where the food choice started and ended! There was no such thing as a veggie burger then 🙂
Well a couple of days ago we were at our local burger bar having a meal. I had a burger meal deal with some onion rings, along with fries and a drink. Plus it wouldn’t be a burger bar without finishing the meal with a sundae.
Then a couple of days later we started putting this flourless onion rings recipe together and I had a realisation…….
I really couldn’t tell the difference between this airfryer recipe and the deep fried version. This in my world is very odd as deep fried vs healthy often tastes very different and these were so good I couldn’t believe that they hadn’t come out of a takeaway, talk about a food mega moment!
More Side Recipes In The Air Fryer
- Airfryer Calamari Rings
- Airfryer Chicken Nuggets
- Airfryer Chicken Wings
- Spicy Sweet Potato Wedges
- Turkey Goujons
- Mini Brazilian Turkey Pies
- Airfryer Veggie Bake Cakes
- Turkey Spring Rolls
- Sloppy Joe Stuffed Scones
- Five Cheese Pull Apart Bread
- Homemade Sausage Rolls
- Airfryer Pizza Hut Bread Sticks
- KFC Chicken Strips
- KFC Popcorn Chicken
- Airfryer Mini Cheese Scones
- Homemade Garlic Bread
- Airfryer Roast Potatoes
- Airfryer Garlic Potatoes
- Airfryer Chicken Wrapped In Bacon
- Airfryer Pigs In Blankets
- Sage & Onion Stuffing Balls
- Airfryer Stuffed Garlic Mushrooms
- Airfryer Croutons
- Airfryer Courgette Fritters
[clickToTweet tweet=”#Flourless Crunchy #OnionRings In The #Airfryer Recipe via recipe_this” quote=”#Flourless Crunchy #OnionRings In The #Airfryer Recipe via recipe_this”]
Flourless Crunchy Onion Rings In The Air Fryer
- Preheat your air fryer to 180c.
- Place your beaten egg in a little bowl.
- Using a food processor or blender blitz your oats into fine breadcrumbs so that they are like a thick flour. Place them into a bowl.
- Slice your onion into whole slices like you imagine the inside of an onion ring to be.
- Push out the rings onto your chopping board and then dip in the oats, then in the egg and then back into the oats.
- Place in the air fryer for 8 minutes on 180c.