Welcome to my flourless truly crispy chicken nuggets in the air fryer. This is my latest recipe that combines delicious gluten free cooking with the low fat way of life thanks to air fryer cooking. If you want to treat your kids to crispy chicken nuggets that taste better than the processed food version then you’ve come to the right place!
I absolutely adore chicken nuggets. I mean I really LOVE chicken nuggets. But that is only if they are good quality. This means that the chicken must be bread and not just the rubbish bits leftover from a chicken. It must then have a really delicious coating that will give you a delicious bite sized crunch as you tuck into it.
I also want ones that will not make me fat or make me feel like I had to go for a jog afterwards to work it off.
Now finding delicious chicken nuggets that tick all those boxes and become the ideal comfort food is harder said than done.
Then I got an air fryer and I suddenly realised that I could make the most amazing chicken nuggets that are free of flour and fatty produce and that they are really quick and easy to make at the same time.
Plus if you want to please a picky toddler that won’t eat most things, then place some of these crispy chicken nuggets in front of them and then they are suddenly in food heaven and will come back for more and more.
Plus in our household it also works incredibly well with grumpy teenagers and grumpy parents that have not had much sleep due to the sleepless nights of a newborn baby!
[clickToTweet tweet=”#Flourless Truly #Crispy #Chicken Nuggets In The #AirFryer Recipe via recipe_this” quote=”#Flourless Truly #Crispy #Chicken Nuggets In The #AirFryer Recipe via recipe_this”]
- Preheat your air fryer to 180c.
- Place your chicken breast into a blender or food processor until it resembles chicken mince. Place it into a mixing bowl ready for making the chicken nuggets.
- Place your egg in one bowl.
- Blend your oats in a blender or food processor until it resembles breadcrumbs.
- In the chicken bowl add salt, pepper, parsley and thyme and mix well.
- Grab a chicken nugget sized piece of the chicken mixture and using your hands turn into your desired shape.
- Place it first in the blended oats, then in the egg and then back in the oats.
- Put to one side. Do this for all your chicken nuggets and then place them all on a baking sheet in your air fryer.
- Cook at 180c for 10 minutes.
- Serve with tomato ketchup and mustard.
You can also use turkey mince for this for when you have some spare, but I prefer it with the mince from chicken rather than turkey.
We have found the best place to source chicken breasts to make Flourless Truly Crispy Chicken Nuggets In The Air Fryer is from ButcherBox. You even receive free bacon and $10 off your first order when you sign up with this link.