Welcome to my healthy carrot and ginger soup maker soup.
Up until today I had never tried carrot and ginger soup but had always wanted to. There was always some nutrition guru telling you that you must eat carrot and ginger and how good it was for your body.
Well I never really saw it as something that I would eat. In principle it sounded lovely but in reality I don’t think it was really me. After all, I put too much ginger in and then it is way too spicy for me and I end up needing a lot of water to get the taste out of my mouth.
But I was looking in the fridge this morning and was struggling to decide which soup to have and I was starring at a big bag of carrots and some leftover ginger and thought “why not?” after all it is just one bowl of soup and if I don’t like it, then I don’t need to eat it again do I?
So I made it and I loved it. On the downside you’re peeling and chopping a fair few carrots compared to how many you would do for a vegetable soup, but apart from that it is lovely and I will certainly eat it again!
Healthy Carrot & Ginger Soup Maker Soup
- Place the chopped carrots into the bottom of the soup maker.
- Add the spring onion and cut them into medium slices.
- Slice the ginger and add it along with the water and the seasoning.
- Cook for 25 minutes on the cook and blend feature.
- Once cooked add the Greek Yoghurt and if needed some extra water.
- Blend again and then serve!