How to cook Keto pork rinds in the air fryer. An easy to follow step by step guide to turn your belly pork into delicious pork rinds that you can use in any breaded Keto recipe. This Keto Pork Rinds Recipe is one of the best Keto hacks that you will ever find.
Keto Pork Rinds
I was searching for pork rinds in the supermarket last week and it dawned on me that unless I shopped at an organic food shop, then there was no way I was going to find them. I could of course shop online at US Wellness Meats and be spoilt for choice or get some from one of the retailers at Thrive Market.
BUT if you’re in a rush for them and want some RIGHT NOW then making your own Keto Pork Rinds is not as complicated as you might think.
I was scared of making pork rinds and thought I would do a bad job as it, so I left Dominic in charge while I was working in the office one day. This is the BIG benefit for me, being married to a chef, as anything that is new and out of my comfort zone, he can do it without even thinking about it.
BEFORE we go into the Keto Pork Rinds recipe a big thumbs up to Dominic for prepping them for us!
Me & Keto
Before I jump in and show you our Keto Pork Rinds recipe in the air fryer, let me be brutally honest. We pride ourselves here at recipethis.com with our honesty and I have to say that we don’t follow Keto.
We do follow Paleo though and find that the two diets can be very similar in many ways and understand the need for food swaps.
Dominic would probably enjoy the Keto diet more than me. That is because I hate a lot of fat in my diet. I tried Keto for the day and I just couldn’t achieve the amount of fat in my diet or bring my carbs down by the level required. I hate cream, I hate the fat from the meat and the closest I go to fat is my love for extra virgin olive oil, a little butter and some cheese.
I am also epileptic which was the original reason why Keto was created in the first place. I just can’t get there with the fat.
It’s a shame really as Keto is a great idea.
Air Fryer Keto Pork Rinds
To make Air Fryer Keto Pork Rinds YOU:
- Trim the fat from some high fat pork. Belly Pork is the BEST and is so EASY to trim the fat from belly pork.
- Dice the pork belly fat into cubes just like if you were cubing pork to make a stew or a casserole.
- Cook the chunks of pork fat in the air fryer.
- Dry the pork fat with kitchen towel until they are super dry.
- Place the pork fat into the fridge and allow to completely cool.
- Once cool blend the pork fat in a blender or food processor until they resemble breadcrumbs.
That is literally it! Isn’t that AMAZING. Just how simple it is to have your own pork rinds via the air fryer and how little work is involved!
Make Your Favourite Breaded Air Fryer Recipes Keto
We have a lot of very popular air fryer recipes that are breaded to perfection. They get a lot of shares and are the BEST EVER comfort food heaven. But they are NOT Keto. But replace the typical breadcrumbs with your homemade air fryer pork rinds and they ARE Keto.
Suddenly your world opens up to a lot of new KETO possibilities including:
- Air Fryer Chicken Schnitzel
- Air Fryer Dill Pickle Chips
- Air Fryer Southern Fried Chicken Drumsticks
- Air Fryer Chicken Parmesan
- Air Fryer Chicken Nuggets
How to cook Keto pork rinds in the air fryer
- Trim the fat layer from the pork belly. It will come off really easy.
- Dice the pork belly fat into small cubes and place it into your air fryer baking pan.
- Cook the pork belly in the air fryer for 10 minutes at 200c/400f.
- Dry the cooked pork fat with kitchen towel and pat them dry.
- Place the pork fat into the fridge for 10 minutes so that they can thoroughly cool down.
- Place the pork fat into the blender and blend until it resembles coarse bread crumbs.
- You now have Keto Pork Rinds!
Can’t make it now? Then pin it for later!
Join The RecipeThis.com Community:
Plus, don’t forget to subscribe below to join our email newsletter with updates of our latest recipes, latest freebies, our cooking stories, plus much more: