How To Make Banana Nice Cream. A delicious healthy banana ice cream made with the blender and includes only 2 ingredients. The most magical diet ice cream that you will ever try and so easy to prep too.
Banana Nice Cream
Why, why, why was banana nice cream not in my life years and years ago.
It is one of those diet recipes that has come down from heaven and made everyone so happy, yet where was it when I was a member of Slimming World back in 1994?
Or when I was trying to slim down for my wedding to Dominic back in 2003? Or what about when I was losing my excess weight back in 2013?
I am sure if you have ever been on a diet before, you can relate to those times when you wanted something delicious for your diet, then you lose the weight and the recipe appears!
Well that is what it felt like the first time I made banana nice cream with my blender.
And diet or not on a diet this is one of those dream blender ice cream recipes that we all need to make.
But if you have not heard of banana nice cream yet then read on before trying our banana nice cream recipe as it is a game changer!
What Is Banana Nice Cream?
Firstly, I am sure you want to know exactly what is banana nice cream and if it is for you or not!
Banana nice cream is an ice cream made from blending frozen bananas. Because when bananas are frozen, they have a wonderful ice cream texture it makes the all-time favourite dessert.
You can then include your own banana nice cream add ins depending on what kind of ice cream you normally eat.
Banana Nice Cream 2 Ingredients
The traditional banana nice cream has just 2 ingredients. The frozen bananas and your choice of natural sugar.
I like to blend both the bananas and the natural sugar together that way the banana nice cream is much quicker to make with your blender and it reduces the prep time.
For choices of natural sugars my favourites include:
Though the point of banana nice cream is having something that suits dieters, so I recommend choosing a natural sugar that fits in with the diet you are on.
For example, paleo followers would suit honey, while Slimming World and Weight Watchers members would probably prefer stevia.
Banana Nice Cream Add Ins
The greatest thing about banana nice cream is the add ins. You can literally add in all your favourites from various flavoured ice cream that you adore and make your banana nice cream your own.
I always think of banana nice cream as being the same as a regular vanilla ice cream. Most people don’t want to eat plain vanilla and instead have a flavoured favourite.
My favourite regular ice cream is strawberry, but Dominic’s is chocolate and Kyle adores toffee.
Here are a few banana nice cream add ins you could try:
- Banana and berry nice cream – Add a handful of frozen berries into your blender with your bananas and a little extra honey to balance out the flavour.
- Banana and chocolate nice cream – I always have some cacao powder in the cupboard add a teaspoon and you will have a banana and chocolate nice cream.
- Banana and mango nice cream – Add in a couple of tablespoons of frozen mango and it will turn into a beautiful tropical ice cream.
Just think about all your favourite fruits and grab some frozen fruit and add it in. Experiment with different fruits and amounts of sugars until you find your ideal banana nice cream!
Is Banana Nice Cream Healthy?
Absolutely! Banana nice cream is one of those great healthy alternative desserts for people that are on diets.
You’re probably wondering what our diet is here in the Milners, well we eat based on what we are recipe testing and would say we 70% follow Paleo.
We love lots of fruit and vegetables in our diet as well as meat and love healthy eating hacks like banana nice cream!
What fascinates us about banana nice cream is that it suits so many diets and healthy lifestyles.
Banana Nice Cream is perfect for:
- Slimming World
- Weight Watchers
- Dairy Free
- Baby Weaning
Banana Nice Cream Vs Ice Cream
You are probably wondering how on earth banana nice cream can be compared to real ice cream and what the difference is?
After all, you’re going from real ice cream that is loaded with additives and double cream, to an ice cream made from bananas.
From a texture point of view, I can not tell the difference. You could blindfold me, and I wouldn’t be able to say which is which if I was scooping it out.
From a taste point of view, I find it tastes nicer and it is wonderful how you can play about with your favourite flavours.
Can You Freeze Banana Nice Cream?
Yes you can. Make your banana nice cream as usual and then when you are done, place it into a freezer container and freeze it like any other ice cream that you would have in your freezer.
The only consideration is that after 3 hours it can get too hard to scoop, so when you want some leave it out for 10 minutes before you scoop yourself a bowl of your best banana nice cream.
Banana Nice Cream In A Blender
There are JUST 5 SIMPLE steps to perfect 2 ingredient banana nice cream in a blender:
- Slice your bananas into medium chunks and spread them out on your favourite sheet pan. This is the one we used here.
- Place the sheet pan into your freezer and allow to freeze for 12 hours. Making it on a night and then freezing it overnight is easiest.
- Using a spatula remove the bananas from the sheet pan the next day and load them into your blender with your favourite natural sugar.
- Blend until super creamy and you have banana nice cream!
- Freeze for a couple of hours to stiffen up some more and scoop like regular ice cream.
Though I should add that after step 4, I can’t help myself and I am stood over the blender with a spoon bingeing on my nice cream, wishing that I had bought more bananas and hoping no one wants to share it with me!
How To Make Banana Nice Cream In The Blender
Banana Nice Cream Ingredients:
- 4 Large Bananas
- 1 Tbsp Maple Syrup
- Peel and slice your bananas into medium slices and load them onto a sheet pan or other similar tray.
- Place them in the freezer where they can remain flat and undisturbed for at least 12 hours. Though what we do is freeze our bananas overnight. Then make the ice cream the following morning.
- The next day use a spatula or similar kitchen tool to remove the solid bananas from the sheet pan.
- Place the bananas into the blender a bit at a time, with your desired sugar until they are blended.
- Place into a suitable ice cream container and place back in the freezer for a further 2 hours.
- Scoop your banana nice cream and enjoy.
Can’t make it now? Then pin it for later!
Join The RecipeThis.com Community:
Plus, don’t forget to subscribe below to join our email newsletter with updates of our latest recipes, latest freebies, our cooking stories, plus much more: