Buffalo Chicken Wings in the Air Fryer. Enjoy a delicious style of hot wings in the air fryer, thanks to a few simple ingredients. You can’t beat Air Fryer Buffalo Chicken Wings for a cheap family supper.
Buffalo Chicken Wings In The Air Fryer was originally published on RecipeThis.com in 2016 and I am now updating it.
Air Fryer Buffalo Chicken Wings
In my opinion Air Fryer Buffalo Chicken Wings ticks all the boxes for a cheap family meal, whether you’re on a budget or not. In the Milner household we spend less than $75 a week to feed a family of 5 and this includes our addiction to buffalo wings in the air fryer.
I grew up in a family that had no money worries. My parents started their own business when I was a toddler and it was successful from a very early point. It also allowed them to retire before their 50th birthdays and enjoy the good life.
But when I met my husband it was the complete opposite. He worked for below the minimum wage and I suddenly had to go frugal with everything that I cooked. My beef roast was replaced with meatloaf and my love for steak was completely forgotten about.
Over the years I learnt so much about frugal cooking and about cheap cuts of meat. In fact, the first cheap cut of meat that Dominic introduced me to was chicken wings. I just couldn’t believe how cheap they were and how far they would stretch.
Now here in Portugal we get packs of them for just 2 euros. These packs are enough to feed a family of five when you take into account side dishes to go with them. We will usually serve them with some cauliflower rice or as part of a casserole. And there is always some leftover for another day.
In this Air Fryer buffalo chicken wings recipe, I wanted to show you that you don’t need shop bought buffalo sauce and you can make them yourself and they take very little time to do.
If you want something for a girls night in, a lads night in, family suppers or even for a buffet then our Air Fryer Buffalo Chicken Wings is your solution!
Are Buffalo Wings Healthy?
Absolutely! Because our Buffalo chicken wings are made from home in the air fryer, they only have healthy ingredients included in them.
No processed foods whatsoever and the ingredients in our air fryer buffalo chicken wings are easy to source.
We even recommend how to make our buffalo chicken wings even healthier by using organic chicken wings from Butcher Box.
Are Buffalo Wings Spicy?
Yes they are. BUT because the ingredients that are added are being added by YOU, you have the option to make it spicy or mild.
I am feeding my buffalo chicken wings to my 2-year-old son Jorge and my 4 year old daughter Sofia, I tend to reduce the spice by half so that its not too spicy for them.
You too can experiment with the level of spice depending on how spicy you like your buffalo chicken wings.
How To Make Buffalo Chicken Wings In The Air Fryer
Thankfully, there is not much effort to make delicious Buffalo chicken wings in the air fryer at home and from scratch.
The marinade ingredients for your buffalo wings are placed into a bowl. You mix your marinade well, throw in your chicken wings and allow it to marinate in the fridge.
Then cook your chicken wings in the air fryer like you would normally do.
It is that simple to make truly crispy buffalo chicken wings in the air fryer.
MORE Air Fryer Chicken Wings
We love Air Fryer Chicken Wings in the Milner household and we have even more of them for you to choose from.
- Air Fryer Chinese Chicken Wings – If you’re a honey and soy sauce addict like me, then you will love these Air Fryer Chinese Chicken Wings!
- Jamaican Jerk Chicken Wings In The Air Fryer – A delicious Caribbean treat for you in the air fryer.
- Nandos Peri Peri Chicken Wings – When Africa meets Portugal you have the most delicious Peri Peri Chicken Wings. An amazing taste sensation and well worth trying at home.
Buffalo Chicken Wings In The Air Fryer
- Place your chicken wings in a large mixing bowl. Add the salt and pepper and half the coconut oil and mix well so that the chicken is evenly coated. Cook in the Air fryer for 15 minutes at 180c/360f.
- Mix in large mixing bowl (if you use the same bowl make sure you have washed it in between as you don’t want to expose the cooked chicken to raw chickethe rest of your ingredients.
- Mix them well so that everything has an equal coat of the sauce.
- When the chicken has finished in the Air fryer evenly coat it in the sauce, cover it in silver foil and place back in the Air fryer for a further 10 minutes at 180c/360f c.
Can’t make it now? Then pin it for later!
Join The RecipeThis.com Community:
Plus, don’t forget to subscribe below to join our email newsletter with updates of our latest recipes, latest freebies, our cooking stories, plus much more: