Welcome to how to make buffalo chicken wings in the Airfryer recipe.
I grew up in a family that had no money worries. My parents started their own business when I was a toddler and it was successful from a very early point. So from my point of view I had never had to worry about bills, or whether or not my parents could afford to send me on a school trip or not.
But when I met my husband it was the complete opposite. He worked for the minimum wage and I suddenly had to go frugal with everything that I cooked. My beef roast was replaced with pork and my steak was completely forgotten about.
Over the years I learnt so much about frugal cooking and about cheap cuts of meat. In fact the first cheap cut of meat that Dominic introduced me to was chicken wings. I just couldn’t believe how cheap they were and how far they would stretch.
Now here in Portugal we get packs of them for just 2 euros. These packs are enough to feed a family of five when you take into account side dishes to go with them. We will usually serve them with some cauliflower rice or as part of a casserole. And there is always some leftover for another day.
In this buffalo chicken wings recipe I wanted to show you that you don’t need shop bought buffalo sauce and you can make them yourself and they take very little time to do. So if you want something for a girls night in, a lads night in, family suppers or even for a buffet then here is your solution!
More Family Recipes In The Air Fryer
- Turkey Fajitas Platter
- Birdseye Fish Fingers
- Healthy Battered Sausage & Chips
- Airfryer Mini Kievs
- Airfryer Cornish Pasties
- Healthy Chicken Dippers
- Airfryer Meatloaf
- 5 Ingredient Fishermans Fishcakes
- Airfryer Fish & Chips
- Airfryer Chicken Kievs
- Airfryer Kebabs & Rice
- Airfryer Bubble & Squeak
- Cornish Pasty Bread Bowl
- Place your chicken wings in a large mixing bowl. Add the salt and pepper and half the coconut oil and mix well so that the chicken is evenly coated. Cook in the Airfryer for 15 minutes at 180c.
- Mix in large mixing bowl (if you use the same bowl make sure you have washed it in between as you don’t want to expose the cooked chicken to raw chicken) the rest of your ingredients. Mix them well so that everything has an equal coat of the sauce.
- When the chicken has finished in the Airfryer evenly coat it in the sauce, cover it in silver foil and place back in the Airfryer for a further 10 minutes at 160c.
If you want a more intense flavour I would recommend marinating them in the fridge overnight as this will really make the difference. But if you are in a rush you can do them as you go.
We have found the best place to source chicken wings to make How To Make Buffalo Chicken Wings In The Airfryer is from ButcherBox. You even receive free bacon and $10 off your first order when you sign up with this link.