Have you ever wondered how to make the best ever fries in your Air Fryer? What is the secret behind them and how can you make them as good as the professionals?
Well I am about to reveal my recipe but before I do I would like to share with you more about us and our Air Fryer journey.
The best thing to ever enter our kitchen in 2013 was our Air Fryer. It was this amazing invention that we had fallen in love with. We originally saw it in a diet magazine and thought it was going to change the way we cooked forever.
We didn’t own a microwave and it seemed like a perfect alternative to our deep fat fryer and for us to get a little bit healthier. The only problem was that it led us to buying loads of processed foods and trying it in the Air Fryer. We we’re suddenly doing chicken nuggets, fish and chips and onion rings in it at every meal sitting.
But we soon realised that we were making our Air Fryer unhealthy and that we needed to change things. So we started by making our own fries and this is the same recipe that we use to this day.
We also started making other things in it too such as lovely vegetables, meat dishes and soon realised there was a lot more to the Air Fryer than you were led to believe.
More Potato Recipes In The Air Fryer
- Airfryer Hassleback Potatoes
- Whole 30 Airfryer Rosemary Sweet Potatoes
- Whole 30 Garlic Mustard Airfryer Chicken & Potatoes
- How To Make The Best Ever Airfryer Sweet Potato Fries
- Airfryer Spanish Spicy Potatoes (Patatas Bravas)
- Air Fryer Breakfast Potatoes
- Slimming World Crinkle Cut Airfryer Chips
[clickToTweet tweet=”How To Make The Best Ever #AirFryer #Fries from @recipe_this” quote=”How To Make The Best Ever #AirFryer #Fries from @recipe_this”]
- Peel your potatoes and cut them into fries.
- Place them in your Air Fryer on a 180c setting and add the olive oil.
- Cook for two minutes and then shake them.
- Cook for a further 8 minutes and shake again.
- Cook for a further 15 minutes. Unless you want golden fries in which case cook for another 5 minutes on 200c.
- Season with salt and pepper then serve.
Here are a few tips that you should consider before using the Air Fryer to make fries with:
- It is about striking a balance between enough oil to make them taste amazing, too much and they end up like bad chip shop chips or hardly any that they become dry.
- Shake the fries a couple of times between cooking as this will stop some being cooked and not the others.
- They cook better if they are fries rather than chunky chips.
- If you like your fries golden brown then increase cooking time by another five minutes on a 200c heat.
- The ratio should always be 1 tablespoon of olive oil to one medium potato, so adjust this to the amount of potato that you have.