Welcome to how to make the best ever juicy lucy cheese burger in the airfryer recipe.
You know I was eating these before they had a special name and when they came out of the freezer. I remember getting them when I was a child from the supermarket for when we went away camping in the motorhome.
They were absolutely delicious and the cheese melting through the centre of the burger made them to the perfect cheese burger ever.
But in reality you don’t know any better when you are young and you soon realise when you grow up that freezer food really doesn’t taste anywhere near as nice as what you can create yourself.
Fast forward about 25 years and I am watching an episode of Man Vs Food with Dominic & Kyle. I love watching cookery shows and must watch about 20 hours of them a week. This is both as a research tool and also to educate me more on American cookery. In this show he eats a lot of typical man food as well as doing those crazy competitions where he has to eat x amount of something for a pat on the back.
In this particular episode you watch a Juicy Lucy being made and I am in love with it. I just wish I could eat it there and then and a couple of days later I am begging Dominic to make me one. He does and it is stunning and this is that very recipe.
He also uses the Airfryer and even though it is stuffed with cheese it is still relatively healthy.
[clickToTweet tweet=”How To Make The Best Ever Juicy Lucy In The #Airfryer via recipe_this” quote=”How To Make The Best Ever Juicy Lucy In The #Airfryer via recipe_this”]
- Preheat the Airfryer to 180c. Dice your onion and put it to one side.
- In a large mixing bowl add your onion, minced beef and seasoning. Mix them well.
- Roll them into 4 even sized balls and place them on your chopping board. Squash the burgers down into really thin pieces.
- Place half your cheese in between two of the burgers and merge them together so that you have a burger, then the cheese and then the 2nd burger. Do the same for burger 3 and 4 as well. Make sure you pinch around the sides so that the cheese is well hidden.
- Place the 2 burgers in the Airfryer and cook for 15 minutes at 180c. Take the burgers out and check whether the cheese has melted in the centre and if they are cooked by putting a knife or cake tester through it. If the juices run clear then your burgers are cooked, if they don’t you need to put them back in the Airfryer for a further 10 minutes at the same heat setting.
- Serve in a burger bun with loads of garnish.
Depending how big you want the burgers we make 2 Juicy Lucy out of 250g of the minced beef.
We have found the best place to source ground/minced beef to make How To Make The Best Ever Juicy Lucy Cheese Burger In The Airfryer is from ButcherBox. You even receive free bacon and $10 off your first order when you sign up with this link.
Where To Source Your Ground/Minced Beef To Make The Best Ever Juicy Lucy Cheese Burgers In The Airfryer:
The Perfect Campfire Rebel Grill
We are huge fans of the Perfect Campfire Rebel Grill and it takes us back to how barbequed food should really be done. The old fashioned way when you have to wait for your charcoal to get warm and then you enjoy the amazing taste that proper barbeque food gives you.
Forget this new age of having an electric grill outside this is how it should be done. It is also amazing the taste that it can give your burgers, sausages and kebabs.
Though it was rather fun watching Dominic trying to light it when he hadn’t cooked on one before!!!!
This campfire grill is also perfect for taking to the park, to the beach, camping trips and even to a friends house for a nice supper outside. You even have a pole that you can place into the ground for when you’re away camping.
Add to this the great bag it comes in and how compact it is, this is the dream as far as camping grills are concerned.
In terms of getting yourself one of these campfire rebel grills (or exploring the rest of their range) you can explore more by clicking here. If I were to do it again and/or if I were to currently recommend a good quality portable grill to you, I would say CHOOSE THIS ONE.