Lemon Sorbet Recipe For Ice Cream Maker. Introducing you to the best ever lemon sorbet recipe. Created by an Italian ice cream maker genius who served this lemon sorbet recipe at parties and festivals, it does not get any easier or better than this.
Lemon Sorbet Ice Cream
Welcome to my Italian lemon sorbet ice cream recipe for the ice cream maker. Updated for the summer of 2020 after originally sharing it with you back in the June of 2016 and a favourite in the Milner house.
I remember the first time I ever tried a lemon sorbet. I thought it was horrible and it was one of those bad kid eating experiences.
My mum never had anything sweet and delicious in when I was growing up because she was always on a diet.
There would be some of my dad’s favourite chocolate in that I hated or some cooking chocolate in the cupboard and neither was appealing to me.
And this one time there was some ice cream in the freezer, I remember trying it and thinking it was the most disgusting thing I had ever tried.
It was of course lemon sorbet ice cream. Ice cream that was missing its cream, its fattening elements and most of all was a child’s nightmare.
But of course, it was a horrible diet sorbet so it didn’t have anything tasty in it.
Whereas here I am today, showing you how to make a traditional lemon sorbet recipe that not only tastes delicious but does not have the heavy cream or milk that ice cream has in it.
In fact, there are just 3 ingredients used to make a traditional lemon sorbet at home with the ice cream maker.
Unlike traditional ice cream this lemon sorbet recipe is free from eggs and free from dairy making it perfect if you are a vegan or lactose intolerant.
Best Italian Lemon Sorbet Recipe
You are probably wondering how Italian this lemon sorbet recipe is and let me tell you that its as Italian as you can get.
We were incredibly lucky to be gifted an Italian ice cream maker machine back in late 2015 when we created Recipe This.
It was from an Italian small business owner and he used the same ice cream maker at festivals and other events and had 10 favourite ice cream recipes he used to make for people.
One of those ten was this delicious lemon sorbet recipe.
It is not like any other lemon sorbet I have ever tried and is so creamy and addictive.
Easy Lemon Sorbet Recipe With Ice Cream Maker
This easy lemon sorbet recipe with the ice cream maker ticks all the boxes:
- Dairy Free Lemon Sorbet Recipe – There is ZERO dairy required to make a lemon sorbet ice cream. It is perfect for when you have lots of lemons in and sugar in the pantry.
- Egg Free Lemon Sorbet Recipe – One of my readers is allergic to eggs and to dairy. This lemon sorbet is perfect for her as its 100% egg free.
- Creamy Lemon Sorbet Recipe – I am always amazed by how creamy a lemon sorbet recipe is considering there is no cream.
- Fast Lemon Sorbet Recipe – Lemon sorbet is fast to make thanks to 3 main ingredients which are sugar, water and fresh lemons. Not as much of a prep time compared to making a homemade ice cream in your ice cream maker.
- Basic Lemon Sorbet Recipe – You can use this basic lemon sorbet recipe as the base for any sorbet. Mix and match your favourite fruits when they are in season. Also perfect for a citrus clear out. Think that time when you bought too many oranges and need to use them up.
How To Make Lemon Sorbet In Ice Cream Maker?
The process of making homemade lemon sorbet ice cream using an ice cream maker is SIMPLE:
- Dissolve sugar in a pan with water until the sugar is fully dissolved.
- Allow to cool.
- Prep and add in lemon juice and lemon rind.
- Load into ice cream maker and allow to churn.
- Freeze for later.
Fresh Lemon Sorbet Recipe
What you might not know, is that in our garden we have a large lemon tree.
Not my first choice as I would much rather than an orange tree, an apple tree or a fig tree.
But when we bought our house, there was this lemon tree and we realised we needed to add more lemons into our diet.
I am not a homemade lemonade fan and when I cook with lemons it is not a regular occurrence. So, our lemon tree has become a sweet treats tree.
Used to add lemon to cookies for a lemon cookie experience. Used to make instant pot lemon curd. Or best of all to make fresh lemon sorbet.
Here are the kids picking the lemons from our tree:
I know we live on the Mediterranean and most houses have citrus fruit trees and that gives us an unfair advantage.
But using fresh lemons in a lemon sorbet make a huge difference and make your sorbet taste much better.
Lemon Sorbet Recipe Taste
Dominic was a naughty daddy and gave the kids a spoonful of the lemon juice mixed with the water and sugar to try.
That OMG lemon face was fantastic and so funny. My only regret is that I did not get a photo or video!
If you tried this and thought from this point, all it must do is churn and its going to be awfully bitter, then think again.
When you try your just churned lemon sorbet recipe the taste is amazing.
Like a refreshing summer sorbet that you want to eat throughout summer to cool you down from the heat.
Basic Sorbet Recipe
You can also use our lemon sorbet recipe as your basic go to sorbet recipe. Instead of lemon swap it for orange, or even better mix and match and swap ½ the lemon or lime.
Or a favourite of mine is to use this basic sorbet recipe and use it with fresh mangos.
Lemon Sorbet Recipe Freezing
Because this lemon sorbet recipe was one of 10 that we did in the same weekend we totally ran out of storage for our ice creams and this is how much lemon sorbet one batch made for us:
It did not matter because it tasted delicious and then we transferred it to 3 different smaller tubs.
You do not have to reuse an old ice cream tub. Find some good plastic tubs of any kind and use it for freezing your homemade lemon sorbet.
More Ice Cream Maker Recipes
Our lemon sorbet ice cream maker recipe is number #8 in a 10 part summer series dedicated to making delicious ice cream recipes in your ice cream maker.
For further reading you can browse through the rest of our ice cream maker recipes below:
- Vanilla Ice Cream Recipe For Ice Cream Maker
- White Chocolate Ice Cream
- Terry’s Chocolate Orange Ice Cream
- Raspberry Ripple Ice Cream
- Cookie Dough Ice Cream
- Dulce De Leche Ice Cream
- Ice Cream Maker Caramel Chew Chew
- Paleo Banana Ice Cream
- Paleo Pineapple Ice Cream
Lemon Sorbet Recipe For Ice Cream Maker
Lemon Sorbet Ingredients:
- 427 ml water
- 400 g Caster Sugar
- 8 Large Lemons
- Dissolve the sugar in a saucepan of water until the sugar has fully dissolved over a medium heat. Place into the freezer for 5 minutes to allow to cool.
- Juice all your lemons. Grate the rind from just two of your lemons as you do not want too much rind.
- Add the lemon juice and rind to the saucepan and stir well. Add your saucepan ingredients to your ice cream maker and allow it to do its magic for 30 minutes.
- Place in ice cream tubs and freeze for 2 hours and then serve.
Can’t make it now? Then pin it for later!
Join The RecipeThis.com Community:
Plus, don’t forget to subscribe below to join our email newsletter with updates of our latest recipes, latest freebies, our cooking stories, plus much more: