Welcome to my latest Instant Pot recipe and today we are celebrating yet another amazing dessert in the Instant Pot and that is creamy and heavenly banoffee pie. With a delicious creamy filling, lots of banana, toffee sauce and a cheesecake base this is a keeper as far as Instant Potting is concerned.
Dominic and I had a conversation back in November on our daughters 2nd birthday and the same day that we got our Instant Pot. It was how every household probably talks when they first buy a new kitchen gadget and you discuss what delicious things you’re going to cook in it.
But of course we are food bloggers so the conversation would of course start with “we can make this in the Instant Pot for the blog first…” and then it went on and on. We decided that the Instant Pot can take a while to get used to for many people and that we should start with basic meat and vegetables and of course some fish.
But that is me being healthy and practical, where as Dominic was back into his sugar and carb coma and was talking desserts. He had a plan for a huge amount of desserts and I knew I was about to gain 30 pounds in the coming weeks.
On a side note – I would love to know how these stick thin food bloggers stay so slim while running baking blogs. A week of testing chocolate puddings and pasta dishes and I am half a stone heavier!!!
So eventually we agreed that January would be a healthy Instant Pot month and that February would be more comfort food led with a few incredibly naughty desserts thrown in. Then we agreed that this week would be cheesecake week.
But I made the error of leaving Dominic alone in the kitchen with the Instant Pot and his baking supplies and his creative chef mind took over and before I knew it my cheesecake week has vanished. Well I am still determined to get at least one cheesecake recipe in this week. But as he puts it this is a “British cheesecake” so I am not allowed to complain too much!
So without further introduction this is how to do a banoffee pie the easier way via the Instant Pot and we hope you enjoy this as much as us!!!
More Dessert Recipes In The Instant Pot
- Instant Pot Oreos Cheesecake
- Instant Pot Pumpkin Cheesecake
- Instant Pot Strawberry Cheesecake
- Instant Pot Cheesecake Minis
- Instant Pot Rice Pudding
- Instant Pot Spotted Dick Sponge Pudding
- Instant Pot Chocolate Lava Cake
- Instant Pot Strawberry Cake
[clickToTweet tweet=”#InstantPot #Banoffee #Pie #Recipe via recipe_this” quote=”#InstantPot #Banoffee #Pie #Recipe via recipe_this”]
- Take your condensed milk and remove the labels. Lay it on its side and place it into the bottom of your Instant Pot. Fill the Instant Pot with water until the can is under the water.
- Place it on manual for 35 minutes and remember to set the valve to sealing.
- While the milk is cooking – melt the butter in a saucepan and crush up your digestive biscuits and when the butter has melted add the biscuits. Mix well and add them to the bottom of your baking tin and squash them down thoroughly. Place it into the fridge to allow it to cool and set.
- When your Instant Pot has finished – carefully remove the condensed milk can and leave on a chopping board to cool for about 30 minutes.
- When the can is cool – place the contents into a mixing bowl. Slice your bananas into it and mix very well.
- Take your crust – from the fridge and place the mixing bowl ingredients onto the base.
- Just before serving – add the vanilla and the yoghurt together and mix well and then add it to the top of your banoffee pie.
- Drizzle with caramel sauce – purely optional but a perfect end to the dessert!
In my mind this makes enough for 8 slices, though Kyle disagrees. He says one hungry teenager and the crumbs for his little sister (if she is lucky).
You will be able to tell when the condensed milk is okay as it will have gone a shade of brown.
The can of condensed milk will be very hot so please wait about 30-45 minutes for it to cool.
Many use fresh cream on top as we prefer Greek yoghurt.
Time to cool usually takes between 1-2 hours depending on fridge temperature and temperature of your pie. But we get the best results by doing it overnight for the day after.