Instant Pot Beef & Green Bean Stir Fry. If you are looking for the ultimate dinner in a hurry then it doesn’t get any better than a pressure cooker beef and green bean stir fry.
Sauté, add the rest of your ingredients and bring to pressure. As simple as that!
How about a stir fry in the Instant Pot? Forget those times when you have a beef and green bean stir fry and the meat is really tough, this is how to make the cheapest cut of beef into an amazing beef and green bean stir fry.
I love the Chinese buffet and very rarely go to a Chinese restaurant. In fact I was trying to think recently when was the last time I actually went to a Chinese restaurant and it dawned on me that the last time, was back in 2011 with a friend of mine and Dominic’s.
It was a Chinese restaurant that I had been to quite a lot, but as it wasn’t in the area that I lived anymore it has been forgotten about.
We had a mixed platter of Chinese food that included the usual suspects. There would be French toast, crunchy seaweed, spare ribs, chicken wings and a few other bits and pieces.
Then you would have crispy duck and pancakes with sliced spring onion and cucumber. After all this you would have some sweet and sour chicken or some beef in a black bean sauce.
You would then have a side of egg fried rice.
All in all you would be stuffed and you would easily spend £20 each on your meal. Plus drinks.
Then compare this to a Chinese Buffet.
If you take a family of four to a Chinese Buffet even with them making the money back from the drinks you would still be paying less.
On average we will pay 12€ each including drinks and then you can eat as much or as little as you like.
I can start with my prawn toast (like I used to) I can have sushi (never on offer in the Chinese restaurant) and then my beef and green bean stir fry.
We go about once every 2 months and have a great time and also when you have small children like us (we have 2 under 3s) then they don’t have to wait for their food to arrive.
But my big complaint is that you can never tell until you start eating what the beef and green bean stir fry is going to be like.
It is always in the buffet warmers and is a delicious flavour, but you’re always worried whether the beef will be tough or not.
That is why now when I cook a beef and green bean stir fry that I always cook it in the Instant Pot Pressure Cooker.
It makes it so tender and you never have to worry that your meat is tough as you are guaranteed a tender taste sensation.
Then you can also follow the same format for most types of beef Chinese dishes. Have teriyaki, sweet and sour, black bean and even lemon chilli this way.
More Beef Recipes In The Instant Pot
- Instant Pot Irish Beef Stew
- Instant Pot Beef Stew Scraps
- Instant Pot Easy Meatloaf
- Instant Pot Philly Steak Sandwich
- Instant Pot Sloppy Joes
- How To Cook Beef Stew In The Instant Pot
- How To Cook Beef Brisket In The Instant Pot
Instant Pot Beef & Green Bean Stir Fry
- Knife Sharpener
- Beef Frying Steak
- Handful Mushrooms
- Handful Green Beans
- 1 Medium White Onion
- 6 Spring Onions
- 6 Garlic Cloves
- 2 cm Fresh Ginger
- 500 ml Beef Stock
- 1 Tbsp Olive Oil
- 6 Tbsp Soy Sauce
- 1 Tbsp Worcester Sauce
- 6 Tbsp Chinese 5 Spice
- Salt & Pepper
- White Rice optional
- Seasonal Stir Fry Vegetables optional
- Do your prep. Peel and dice your garlic, onion and ginger. Slice up and wash your mushrooms and spring onions. Give your green beans a clean. Thinly dice your beef like you would for beef stroganoff.
- Place your beef strips in the Instant Pot.
- Cook for 3 minutes on sauté in the Instant Pot with a little olive oil until the beef has some colour to it.
- Add the mushrooms, green beans, onions, garlic and ginger to the Instant Pot. Add a 1/3 of your Chinese 5 spice, lots of salt and pepper, ¼ of your soy sauce and your Worcester sauce. Give a stir and cook for a further 3 minutes.
- Add to it your beef stock, give it a stir and place the lid on your Instant Pot. Set to sealing and cook for 10 minutes on manual.
- When it beeps mix the contents together with a big wooden spoon with the rest of the Chinese 5 spice and the Soy Sauce and get rid of any excess juice that you don’t need. Serve with either rice or noodles.
Where To Source Your Beef Frying Steak To Make Instant Pot Beef & Green Bean Stir Fry: