Instant Pot Blueberry Jam. How to make blueberry jam at home in the instant pot pressure cooker. Perfect 3 ingredient blueberry jam that is easy to adapt for making a small batch or a big batch.
Instant Pot Blueberry Jam
Last summer I was sharing on my Facebook Group my latest instant pot jam recipes and updating an old one.
But most of the comments that I received, was the jam looks great, but you have missed the most important and most delicious jam of them all and that is Instant Pot Blueberry Jam.
That is must make instant pot blueberry jam and once I do, it will be a life changer.
But what the readers didn’t know at the time, was it was the same week that I did the last batch of photos and recipe notes for today’s instant pot blueberry jam and that I have been sat on it for almost 9 months.
It’s a case of food blogging in advance and getting the ingredients at the end of the season and leaving it until it is time for summer to be celebrated again.
Therefore, it is so nice to finally be sharing with you blueberry jam in the instant pot.
3 Ingredient Blueberry Jam
Instant Pot Blueberry Jam is so SIMPLE there are ONLY 3 ingredients. Can you believe that? Your own homemade jam in the instant pot and you only need 3 things???
The 3 blueberry jam ingredients include:
- Caster Sugar
We had lemons on our lemon tree and caster sugar in our pantry, so only had to buy in fresh blueberries.
Though if you are considering it, don’t use frozen blueberries in your jam because they hold a lot more water and will make your blueberry jam way too thin!
Then of course, you will need your instant pot pressure cooker. You can use ANY size.
Easy Small Batch Blueberry Jam Vs Large Batch Blueberry Jam Recipe
When we created our own blueberry jam recipe in the instant pot, we found that it made two full jam jars of blueberry jam.
I would consider this to be a small batch of blueberry jam. Just like if I made 6 jars of jam, I would consider it to be a large batch.
What I have done is set the servings to 2 for this recipe i.e. 1 serving = 1 jar. Therefore, if you want to make 4 jars set it to 4 and so on.
It will just make it easier for you if you want to make a small batch or a large batch.
How Do You Make Blueberry Jam?
Here is the quick version of making blueberry jam in the instant pot:
- Add blueberries and sugar and mix until the blueberries break down.
- Add in lemon and pressure cook.
- Use natural pressure release so that blueberry juice doesn’t explode around your kitchen.
- Drain the juice from the blueberries until you have just solids.
- Blend if needed and add a little extra blueberry back in if they are too thick.
- Jar, fridge and eat.
Making Jam With Honey Instead Of Sugar?
Instant Pot Blueberry Jam can be made with honey instead of caster sugar if you prefer.
Firstly, can I recommend this link for the best brand of honey and it is what we personally use on Recipe This and LOVE.
Secondly, to replace caster sugar with honey
- Place the honey into the instant pot before the blueberries and saute the honey on a low heat until it becomes much thinner.
- Then once the honey is thinner add the blueberries and follow the recipe as usual.
Uses For Blueberry Jam
Here in the Milner house, we love making our own jam and here are a few uses for your blueberry jam.
- Air Fryer Toast – If I asked my husband what to do with blueberry jam he will be talking about toast in the air fryer, a layer of melted butter and a good helping of blueberry jam.
- Air Fryer Blueberry Tarts – I grew up with jam tarts made with strawberries, well this is how to make the classic pastry dessert with blueberries instead.
Instant Pot Blueberry Jam
- Remove any leftover stalks or soft blueberries and weigh out 900g of fresh blueberries and place them in the Instant Pot.
- Place the Instant Pot on sauté and sauté the fresh blueberries with the white sugar and the juice of ½ a large lemon. Sauté until you see the colour from the blueberries staining the white sugar.
- Turn off sauté, place the lid on the Instant Pot and set the valve to sealing.
- Cook for 2 minutes on manual pressure.
- Use NPR (natural pressure release) and remove the lid from the Instant Pot.
- Drain the Instant Pot contents into a sieve and bowl. So that as you pour the blueberry jam into the sieve that any leftover liquid goes in the bowl beneath and you don’t lose the blueberry liquid.
- Place the solids from the sieve back into the Instant Pot and place it back on sauté. Allow it to simmer for a couple of minutes and add in a little of the liquid back in a bit at a time.
- Once it has simmered and you have a naturally thick blueberry jam, pour the jam into sterilised jam jars.
- Place the lids on the blueberry jam jars once it is cool. Freeze once completely cold.
Can’t make it now? Then pin it for later!
Join The RecipeThis.com Community:
Plus, don’t forget to subscribe below to join our email newsletter with updates of our latest recipes, latest freebies, our cooking stories, plus much more: