Instant Pot Cauliflower. I love cooking Cauliflower in the Instant Pot Pressure Cooker. So fast to cook, so flavoursome and perfect if you want your vegetables fast. If you’re part of the growing trend that loves cauliflower as a low carb substitute, then you NEED this Instant Pot Cauliflower recipe in your life!
I am trying to think of when my love affair with cauliflower began, but I can’t remember. It is just SOMETHING that I have ALWAYS eaten.
I love cauliflower in a soup, as a pizza crust, as rice and my favourite of all is as cauliflower cheese.
Here are just some of the cauliflower recipes on RecipeThis.com that are well worth a mention:
- Creamy Garlic Cauliflower Rice
- Crockpot Whole Roasted Cauliflower
- Pilau Cauliflower Rice
- Honey Glazed Cauliflower Bites
- Cauliflower Burgers
- Cauliflower Pizza
- Cauliflower Egg Fried Rice
Meatless Monday Instant Pot Pressure Cooker Cauliflower
If you are a regular on Recipe This then you will know that each Monday in 2018 we are dedicating it to meatless Monday and the idea that Mondays are just about vegetables.
We are working our way through all of our favourite fruits, vegetables and pulses every fortnight on a Monday to show you how easy they are to cook in the Instant Pot. You no longer have the excuse that it takes too long to cook and that it is easier to phone for a takeaway.
We have already featured the following this year:
And today is the turn of Instant Pot Cauliflower!
Cauliflower in the Instant Pot is just like steaming it and steams it in just 2 minutes. Then you can use it as you want it.
Plus given the fact that 2018 on RecipeThis.com is all about saving money, its fantastic when I think 1 fresh cauliflower costs us just 60 cents.
[clickToTweet tweet=”#MeatlessMonday #InstantPot #PressureCooker 2 Minute Steamed #Cauliflower #Recipe @recipe_this” quote=”#MeatlessMonday #InstantPot #PressureCooker 2 Minute Steamed #Cauliflower #Recipe @recipe_this”]
Instant Pot Cauliflower
- Remove the leaves from the cauliflower and the root.
- Place the cauliflower into the steamer basket.
- Place the steamer basket over the steamer shelf (trivet) and then place the steamer basket over it.
- Add to it your desired seasoning along with 180ml of warm water.
- Place the lid on the Instant Pot, set to sealing and cook for 2 minutes on manual.
- Manually release pressure (QPR), allow to cool slightly and then serve.
We cooked 400g of cauliflower in large florets. This was the same as one small cauliflower. I would recommend that you cook up to 1 kilo at this time setting. Then for every extra kilo you cook, you add a minute to your manual cooking time.
For example, if you cooked 3 kilos you would need to cook it for 4 minutes on manual. We seasoned our cauliflower with one vegetable OXO cube and a bit of salt and pepper. 400g = the weight of the cauliflower after you have removed the root and the leaves. You can cook the cauliflower in florets or as a whole cauliflower depending on your plans for the cauliflower.
Instant Pot Cauliflower (recommended cooking times)
We all have different uses for our Instant Pot Cauliflower. For us the majority of the time we want it for cauliflower rice, cauliflower pizza crust or cauliflower soup. All of which need to be mushy.
But what if you want your Instant Pot Cauliflower for something else?
- Cauliflower Cheese = 1 minute on manual
- Basic Steamed Cauliflower = 2 minutes on manual
- Cauliflower Soup = 3 minutes on manual
- Instant Pot full of cauliflower = 5 minutes on manual