Instant Pot Chocolate Cake Bites. Delicious Instant Pot Chocolate Cake Bites made with homemade chocolate cake batter and loaded with chocolate ganache and served with grated chocolate.
Instant Pot Chocolate Cake Bites
Have you been looking for a while for that perfect dessert in the Instant Pot, that is easy to make and perfect for any occasion?
One that you could take to the beach, take to the kids bake sale, serve at a dinner party, or just make for your sweet tooth?
Well today you have finally found it in our Instant Pot Chocolate Cake Bites. A delicious original idea for using your egg bite moulds for something sweet rather than savoury.
When I first got my egg bite mould just before the summer, my sweet tooth was itching to make something sweet with it rather than just frittata style egg bites.
I was making a birthday cake and with the leftover cake batter I poured it into the Instant Pot Egg Bites Mould to see how it turned out.
It was delicious and it became my new thing.
My parents visited a couple of days later and my dad who is fussy with his food, tried them and he was totally hooked.
I put the rest of the cute little chocolate cake bites into a freezer bag and my dad took them home with him.
If they can impress a fussy eater like my dad, then they can impress anyone!
Do You Suck At Making Chocolate Cakes?
I know not everyone is a baker and that there is a lot of us that just don’t get it. Or burn their cakes or their cake is too dry.
This cake batter I am using today to make my Instant Pot Chocolate Cake Bites is handed down and tweaked.
It was my Grandmas recipe for chocolate cake, and she was amazing at baking and passed on a lot of her skill to me.
But if dry, heavy cakes is your problem, then let me tell you now that Instant Pot Chocolate Cake Bites solves this problem straight away.
This is because it is more like making a steamed pudding and you’re steaming rather than baking.
This makes your Instant Pot Cake Bites so soft and light and OMG, once you start eating them, you can’t stop.
Instant Pot Chocolate Bites
When we made our Instant Pot Chocolate Bites it was me and Jorge in the kitchen making them.
He is 3 years old and addicted to cooking. He climbs up onto the kitchen worktop and will stay there until we have finished.
If you have kids, then go ahead and make these delicious instant pot cake bites with them as it will be so much fun. They can also join in with the mixing process like Jorge.
If you prefer not to, you can make your Instant Pot Chocolate Bites with shop bought cake batter and then pour it just mixed into your egg bite moulds.
Instant Pot Egg Bite Mould
Talking about egg bite moulds you will need 2 of these:
I stack them on top of each other in my Instant Pot over the trivet and 2 perfectly fit. This works both with the 6 and the 8 quart/litre.
Then you grab your cake batter and pour it into the Instant Pot Egg Moulds. Then your egg mould creates perfect instant pot cake bites.
Instant Pot Cake Bites Recipe
To make Instant Pot Cake Bites it is so simple and you will be wondering why you didn’t make Instant Pot Cake Bites before.
- Flour the moulds. Just add a sprinkling of flour and pat it about and it will stop your cake bites from sticking to the mould. Its important that you don’t use butter as it will make them too wet and greasy.
- Make the cake batter. This is the hard work and you can follow your favourite recipe, ours or use shop bought.
- Pour your batter. Add the cake batter to the moulds and lower the egg moulds into your Instant Pot. Now your cake bites will steam in the Instant Pot Pressure Cooker.
- Make the ganache. I love to make my ganache in my air fryer and it only takes a couple of minutes.
- Put together. Once your cake bites have cooled down and are free from the moulds you can pour over your ganache and add some grated chocolate.
Then you tell your family that the Instant Pot Cake Bites Recipe that you followed failed and then eat them all in secret!
Instant Pot Chocolate Cake Bites
- Place the sugar, self raising flour, cocoa and butter into a mixing bowl. Rub the fat into the other dry ingredients until you have a mixture that resembles coarse breadcrumbs.
- Add the eggs, milk, honey and vanilla and mix well with a fork until you have a thick chocolate cake batter.
- Flour your egg moulds and pour in your cake batter until almost full. Give them a quick wipe clean to remove any splatters.
- Place a chunk of chocolate into each mould until it is almost submerged.
- Place 2 cups of water into the bottom of your Instant Pot inner pot.
- Add the trivet.
- Place the lids on your egg moulds and stack them over the trivet and then place the lid on your Instant Pot Pressure Cooker.
- Set the time to 12 minutes on manual pressure.
- When it beeps leave for 10 minutes on natural pressure release.
- 1Place the chocolate bites on the kitchen worktop and allow to cool with the lids off but the bites still in the moulds. This will take approximately 20 minutes.
- 1In the air fryer, break up and melt the ganache chocolate with the butter. Just 2 minutes at 160c/320f is enough. Then stir it with a spoon and add in the Greek yoghurt.
- 1Once cooled remove the chocolate cake bites from the moulds, pour chocolate ganache and grated chocolate over and serve.
Can’t make it now? Then pin it for later!
Join The RecipeThis.com Community:
Plus, don’t forget to subscribe below to join our email newsletter with updates of our latest recipes, latest freebies, our cooking stories, plus much more: