Welcome to my latest Instant Pot recipe and today is all about an Instant Pot take on the classic chocolate lava cake pudding.
But as we have the biggest sweet tooth you have ever seen it would only be right that the classic lava cake made an appearance on our food blog!
It is exactly a year ago since we had a month of desserts that you could make in your Air fryer.
So it feels like a year on we should be celebrating even more homemade puddings but this time in our Instant Pot.
Yesterday we introduced you to our spotted dick and it is only right that today we have a chocolate sensation.
Though I can’t promise a whole month of it, as we love other comfort food at this time of year too. So maybe some macaroni cheese to be washed down with chocolate lava cake might just be the order of service!!!
But first let’s get back to this chocolate lava cake recipe…… This is similar to what you would have as a kid or at school for lunch. Though many times for me I would buy it out of the can.
I also remember having it for dessert at DisneyWorld and Kyle being heartbroken that he had to share it with me!
But you can see why you could buy it like that as it is just so frugal and economical to make. Just your usual baking produce with some extra chocolate thrown in and you have your chocolate lava pudding made.
Then you can steam it in your mixing bowl directly in your Instant Pot meaning that you hardly have any cleaning up to do afterwards. And we guarantee that it will be lovely and melted in the middle. Forget those days of it not setting properly as this is my fool proof version.
Or for the ultimate meal like you had at school you could have it with some homemade custard or is that just being too naughty?
More Dessert Recipes In The Instant Pot
- Instant Pot Oreos Cheesecake
- Instant Pot Pumpkin Cheesecake
- Instant Pot Strawberry Cheesecake
- Instant Pot Cheesecake Minis
- Instant Pot Rice Pudding
- Instant Pot Easy Banoffee Pie
- Instant Pot Spotted Dick Sponge Pudding
- Instant Pot Strawberry Cake
Instant Pot Chocolate Lava Cake
- Start by greasing your mixing bowl. This will stop it sticking when you make your sponge and easy for cleaning later.
- In the mixing bowl add your butter and sugar and cream the fat into the sugar. Beat in the eggs (a little at a time) until it is well mixed. Add the milk, cocoa powder and vanilla and a little flour at a time until you’ve used half the flour. Mix well. Fold in the rest of your flour.
- While it is sat still and everything has been done place squares of chocolate into the centre of the mixture as this will then become the melted chocolate centre and make it into a lava chocolate sponge pudding when cooked.
- In your Instant Pot place your cup of water at the bottom, then your steaming rack, then your mixing bowl.
- Place the lid on it and move the valve to sealing. Cook for 12 minutes on the steam function.
- When done it will beep six times. When it does unseal the valve and once the steam has passed you can open it up and serve your chocolate pudding with fresh raspberries.