Welcome to my latest Instant Pot recipe and this recipe is for Instant Pot garlic butter new potatoes. Enjoy the delicious flavours of garlic, potatoes and fresh herbs in this classic dish.
There is very much a debate of whether or not white potatoes should be part of your balanced diet or not. There are many nutritionists that say they are bad for you and there are many others that say the opposite and actually encourage us to eat them. The Whole 30 plan (that is even considered as the ultimate Paleo health kick) even encourages them in moderation.
I for one love white potatoes. My only complaint is that the healthiest part of them has always been the skin and that more and more of us should enjoy white potatoes in all its glory and stop getting rid of the skin.
If you think about it some of the best ways to enjoy potatoes is in the skins. We would all be lost if we didn’t have jacket potatoes, little potatoes in the skins like this recipe, potato wedges or even garlic crushed potatoes. They’re all delicious and we could all save our fries for vegetables and sweet potatoes and could easily get over it.
For today’s recipe for Instant Pot garlic butter new potatoes it is still really simple to make and some may even say that it is easier than the salmon we made yesterday. All you have to do is throw the potatoes in and the Instant Pot will do the work for you so that you can get back to your hectic life.
I am writing this in January when they are the perfect time for warming you up, but they are just as nice in the summer as part of your barbeque food with some lovely meat and salad. Or they can just make a delicious side dish for your meat and vegetables as your go to potato recipe.
More Potato Recipes In The Instant Pot
- Instant Pot Perfect Mashed Potato
- Instant Pot Mashed Sweet Potatoes
- Instant Pot Baked Sweet Potato
- Instant Pot Crash Hot Potatoes
- Instant Pot Spanish Potato Hash
- Instant Pot No Peel Baked Sweet Potatoes
- Instant Pot Brazilian Potatoes
- Instant Pot Turkey Colcannon
- Place 160ml of water into the bottom of your Instant Pot and you can measure it out with the cup provided.
- Place your new potatoes into your steamer dish along with the garlic, fresh herbs and salt and pepper.
- Place the lid on your Instant Pot and set the valve to sealing and press steam for 4 minutes.
- Once it has started it will beep and it will beep 6 times when done. Once it has cooled down from keep warm mode you can get it out.
- Drain the excess butter from your potatoes and serve with extra fresh herbs.
Please make sure you leave your potatoes on the keep warm phase for 5 minutes before you release the pressure otherwise they wont be cooked on time.
For fresh herbs I prefer to use rosemary but chives or parsley always work well. Just use whatever you have to hand.
Instant Pot Recipes – The Outtakes
Next on the agenda are some new potatoes in the steamer function. I mention that I want them for my healthy month on the blog in January.
“If I am making potatoes don’t expect them to be healthy”
As marriage is all about compromise we end up with coconut butter on them as a healthier alternative!