Instant Pot Leeks Au Gratin. A delicious easy 3 minute recipe for making leeks in a creamy cheese sauce. So quick and easy and Syn Free on Slimming World too.
Instant Pot Leeks Au Grain. Otherwise known to us Brits as leeks in cheese sauce. After showing you a couple of days ago how to steam leeks in the Instant Pot,
I am back showing you how to load them up with cheese for the nicest ever Syn Free Instant Pot Leeks Au Gratin.
My mum is such a cheese addict that I am sure she passed it onto me when I was in the womb.
She even talks about her addition to Primula while she was pregnant with me. Though cheese was her thing before that, so it wouldn’t surprise me if it was just an excuse to eat more of it.
For me my all time favourite cheeses are:
Those are the 5 types that if I wanted the perfect cheese board I would buy. I HATE blue mouldy cheese and it reminds me of the smell of Kyle’s sweaty feet.
I do like parmesan, but it would never be a favourite cheese of mine as I don’t have it very often.
Also, as 3 of those cheeses above are British cheeses they are very difficult to get hold of here in Portugal.
So, I stick with loads and loads of Philadelphia Soft Cheese just because its cheap and tastes amazing.
I remember one of my favourite quotes from the film Julie Vs Julia is where they talk about how everything tastes a million times better if you add butter to it.
Well I apply the same rule when it comes to good old Philadelphia!
Instant Pot Leeks Au Gratin
But one of the greatest things about Philadelphia soft cheese is the ability to make a creamy cheese sauce with it, in just a few seconds. It tastes as good as double cream, but with a cheese kick.
You can either mix Philadelphia with milk or with a thin creamer. Such as Greek Yoghurt, Quark or Fromage Frais.
It is also low in calories too compared to making a classic cheese sauce. As there is no flour or butter or double cream in this Instant Pot Leek Au Gratin!
To make Instant Pot Leeks Au Gratin we pair up just cooked leeks with loads of cheese, Greek yoghurt and of course seasoning.
They go together as good as macaroni goes with cheese sauce and OMG it’s a taste sensation you will want to repeat over and over again!
If you haven’t got an Instant Pot yet, then you will want one just to make THIS!
Instant Pot Leeks Au Gratin
- Clean and dice your leeks. Using a sieve give them a good rinse to remove any gritty bits.
- Place them into the bottom of your Instant Pot inner pot.
- Add 1 cup/250ml of cold water into the bottom of your Instant Pot so that they slightly cover the leeks.
- Place the lid on the Instant Pot, set the valve to sealing and cook for 2 minutes on manual pressure.
- When it beeps use QPR (quick pressure release) to manually release pressure.
- Drain the leeks and place them back into the Instant Pot.
- Set the temperature to keep warm and add the rest of the ingredients.
- Stir well until you have a creamy leek au gratin.