Instant Pot Leeks. Takes just 2 minutes to steam in the Instant Pot Pressure Cooker. Simple to make and prepare and a great option for getting in your five a day fruit and veg in the Instant Pot.
Instant Pot Leeks are the absolute best! You can quickly prepare them, steam them for 2 minutes in the Instant Pot and then serve them up however you like them.
I love my leeks in a cheese sauce, as they are or in leek soups.
Though right now I am just super pleased of the return of my Meatless Monday vegetables in the Instant Pot, as it feels like so long since I did one of them. Though looking back over the blog, I can see that the last one went out on the 21st of May for Instant Pot Turnips.
We decided to take a break from them over the summer. This is because we find that most people are more interested in salad then they are in their vegetables.
I find that during the summer all I want to eat (for my 5 a day) is tomatoes smothered in oregano or courgettes that have been made into zoodles and served with plenty of garlic butter.
Though once September is here I am back to my longing for loads of vegetables on the side of my favourite meat.
You will often find me with a chicken breast, some garlic potatoes and of course steamed leeks. I just love the combo of the 3 and its super healthy too.
We hope you have also had a fantastic summer and are ready for September and the autumn months that are loaded up with lots of seasonal vegetables.
Instant Pot Leeks
If you prep and cook them right, Instant Pot Leeks are the BEST.
- Don’t prep them properly and you will have that horrible gritty taste of unclean leeks.
- Cook them for too long as they will become too mushy and really wont taste that good.
- Don’t cook them long enough and OMG they are like a horrible uncooked onion that is too strong to taste.
Though to achieve perfect leeks in the Instant Pot pressure cooker is really not that hard. And well worth the minute or two that it takes.
- A Quick Clean
- Steam the leeks in the Instant Pot
- Quick release and serve
More Vegetables In The Instant Pot
- Instant Pot Asparagus
- Instant Pot Broccoli
- Instant Pot Brussel Sprouts
- Instant Pot Butternut Squash
- Instant Pot Cabbage
- Instant Pot Carrots
- Instant Pot Cauliflower
- Instant Pot Mushrooms
- Instant Pot Parsnips
- Instant Pot Rutabaga (Swede)
- Instant Pot Turnips
- Cut your leeks into 1 cm slices and place them in a sieve.
- Clean them thoroughly under a cold tap, shaking them in the sieve, until the leeks have been well cleaned and are free of gritty bits.
- Place the steamer shelf and the steamer basket into the Instant Pot so that you have a steamer basket to rest your leeks on.
- Add your leeks.
- Pour a cup (250ml) of warm water over your leeks.
- Place the lid on the Instant Pot, set the valve to sealing and cook on manual for 2 minutes.
- Use QPR (quick pressure release) to manually release pressure.
It is cheaper for us, here in Portugal to buy leeks that have been already prepped. If this is the case for you, then do the same as it will also save you time. If you’re cooking a lot of leeks. Then you can place them at the bottom of the Instant Pot in the water and bypass the steamer shelf and steamer basket. We do this when we are making a huge soup or casserole.