Welcome to my latest recipe in the Instant Pot and today we are enjoying a lemon turkey risotto.
Full of flavour and so easy to make it will become a big part of your Instant Pot favourites.
Risotto has always held a big part of my heart has been one of my favourite comfort food dishes and has been one of my first thoughts when it comes to cooking rice in the Instant Pot.
I love rice but I also love a creamy sauce at the same time and a risotto kind of ticks all the boxes for me.
I can have the creamy rice and because of the base it fills me up so quickly that I never over eat and get that lovely comfort food hit.
Its one of those meals that I will have as a mid week dinner with the kids and we will always be picking at it with a big fork as we are always looking forward to it so much that its rare that we haven’t had some before it hits the dinner plate.
When I was recipe testing for converting my favourite lemon risotto into an Instant Pot recipe there was a line behind me in the kitchen.
The aroma of the cooked turkey, the lemons from our lemon tree and that lovely cooked rice had got everyone’s attention.
But of course I am the cook so I got first refusal!
This is the first of my recipes from my second turkey breast and if you want to save money then grab yourself some risotto rice, some leftover turkey (you could also use chicken) and have yourself a feast.
Also with many risotto dishes there is a lot of butter used. We used olive oil instead to keep it with a Mediterranean vibe and it was just so good.
The question we all asked afterwards was how long before we would make some more????
More Family Recipes In The Instant Pot
- Instant Pot Bite Sized BBQ Pork Ribs
- Instant Pot Beef Pot Roast
- Instant Pot Bacalhau Bake
- Instant Pot Strawberry Jam
- Instant Pot Vegetable Chow Mein
- Instant Pot Coconut King Prawns
Instant Pot Lemon Turkey Risotto
- Rinse the rice quickly with tepid water prior to starting to cook so that you lose its starch.
- Add the olive oil, salt, pepper and rice and cook for 3 minutes on the Instant Pot sauté setting. Constantly stir as you do it in order to stop the rice from sticking to the bottom.
- Add into the Instant Pot the carrots, peas, broth and wine. Stir well and cook on sauté for a further 2 minutes.
- Thinly slice the turkey and add it to the pot.
- Squeeze in the lemon juice and rind.
- Add all the seasonings and stir so that everything is well coated.
- Place the lid on the Instant Pot, set to sealing, change the setting from sauté to manual and cook for 4 minutes on high pressure.
- When the Instant Pot has finished cooking remove the lid and allow it to quickly release pressure.
- Return to the sauté setting and stir the rice until nice and creamy and when the stock and wine has made the rice dish into a creamy risotto.
- For a final measure add the soft cheese as this will make it even more creamy and give it an amazing risotto style texture.
- Serve with crusty bread.