Welcome to my latest Instant Pot recipe and this is for my Instant Pot loaded potato soup. Full of delicious flavour this hearty potato soup is perfect for warming you up during the cold winter months.
In this recipe I am adding some of my favourite ingredients together to make one big quick soup in the Instant Pot.
I love the idea of these just together cooked in one pot and perfect for warming me up during these freezing cold January days.
Yesterday we did cheese burger soup and it was only natural that I followed it up with yet another soup recipe featuring cheese 🙂 who said that every soup that you eat must just be full of vegetables and in my boys way of thinking to be considered as “rabbit food”. Of course healthy soups are nice but ones with the added cheese are just as good too!
This was also made in our Instant Pot and was really quick to make without much hassle. The preparation was my quickest to date since we got our new kitchen gadget and it was also great fun.
This time around it was Dominic, me & Sofia making it, not that she is tall enough yet to reach the top of the worktop. It was fun watching her try!
It then made a great lunch for the four of us, it was just a shame that we were out of bread as it would have been nice for mopping it up.
Though Kyle (in typical teenage boy fashion) said it was the most delicious soup he had ever tried. Maybe that was down to the cheese and bacon???
I asked him afterwards how many people he thought it would serve to which he responded “5 people or just 1 teenager”.
More Soup Recipes In The Instant Pot
- Instant Pot Mushroom Soup
- Instant Pot Turkey Wild Rice Soup
- Instant Pot Chicken Enchilada Soup
- Instant Pot Bean & Bacon Soup
[clickToTweet tweet=”#InstantPot Loaded Potato Soup #Recipe via recipe_this” quote=”#InstantPot Loaded Potato Soup #Recipe via recipe_this”]
- Place your onion, garlic and olive oil into the Instant Pot and cook on the saute setting (programme it for 10 minutes of sauteing). Stir it regularly and after a couple of minutes add the chopped bacon.
- Chop the potatoes (while keeping them in their skins) into small cubes and add it to the Instant Pot along with the onion.
- Mix well and make sure it is not sticking at the bottom.
- Add the carrots, seasoning and vegetable stock. Stir again.
- After it has finished its 10 minutes on saute set it to 10 minutes on the soup setting and place the lid on your Instant Pot.
- Remember to move the valve to sealing as you do it and it is done when you hear it beep six times.
- Leave it to cool down for 5 minutes then lift the lid off.
- Stir in the yoghurt and cheese then serve with some extra bacon and some biscuits.
For making vegetable stock I mixed 500ml of boiling water with 2 vegetable OXO cubes. You could also use some pre-made vegetable stock to the same liquid volume.
For the potatoes you can use any type apart from sweet potato. The best ones to use are new potatoes for flavour, but some cheap white potatoes are fine too.
Instant Pot Recipes – The Outtakes
Dom: What’s For Lunch?
Dom: Not soup, I hate soup, what kind of soup?
Sam: Potato, bacon, some cheese in the Instant Pot
Dom: That actually sounds really nice, but we have no bread!
Sam: We can have soup without bread!
Dom: Plus its 1pm already your time management sucks!
Sam: Well at least it is in the Instant Pot so cooks in a lot less than the 25 minutes in the soup maker!