Instant Pot Mushroom Soup. How to make cream of mushroom soup in the Instant Pot Pressure Cooker. A delicious go to Instant Pot Mushroom Soup Recipe. Perfect for vegans, vegetarians, Slimming World members, Weight Watchers followers, Paleo and of course the Whole30. Use this as your Instant Pot Mushroom Soup that you can cook regularly.
I was in the local British supermarket this morning. It is the main British supermarket here in Portugal and people go there to stock up on English staples. You see people buying British processed foods, butter, cheese, sausages, bacon, chocolate and the fruit and vegetables that they miss.
At Christmas time, it is the only place that will have Brussel Sprouts, Parsnips, Swede, Mince Pies and frozen turkeys all from one place, without needing to visit several shops to source them.
I would say that it’s a majority processed food place, where if you’re a Brit that lives in Portugal and you eat unhealthily then that is where you shop.
I go there to buy English chocolate, bacon, sausages and of course I can’t live without English cheese.
But I am a big part of the processed food HATERS club. Having done two rounds of the Whole30, being a big fan of the Paleo way of life, processed foods is something that I have grown to hate.
I would be 100% Paleo if it wasn’t for my chocolate and cheese habits, but I have to have some vices in life!
I go in supermarkets and love reading the labels of processed foods, just to remind myself of all the awful ingredients that go into these products. And how better off I am for stepping away from them.
I also remember my childhood (and most childhoods of the 90s was like this) when you were fed dinner out of a can when you came home from school. There were the canned meatballs, spaghetti Bolognese, macaroni cheese, spaghetti hoops and of course cans of soup.
The processed food that freaks me out the most is the canned soup. When you look at how much of that particular vegetable you are getting, or how much sugar comes with it, it can be shocking.
This morning, as I looked at the ingredients list for Heinz Mushroom Soup, I was shocked to see that JUST 9% of the soup contents was actual mushrooms.
Yet we are all following these recipes online that ask for a can of mushroom soup in the ingredients as the main stock.
But what if you could make a batch of this Instant Pot Mushroom Soup instead? Then get it out of the freezer each time you need it, no need to worry about processed foods and you will know that your meals are in fact healthy!
Instant Pot Mushroom Soup
Instant Pot Mushroom Soup. This is technically an Instant Pot Mushroom Soup but that is not how I see it. I see it as the healthy mushroom sauce that you can use in ANYTHING that asks for mushroom soup in the recipe ingredients.
Of course, you could just eat it as a classic Instant Pot Mushroom soup too!
The prep time for this Instant Pot Mushroom Soup is just 3 minutes. This also takes into account the time to blend and adding your seasoning to your just cooked mushrooms.
Then for cooking your mushrooms we are using the Instant Pot just because it makes it so fast.
All in all, you have Instant Pot Mushroom Soup, prepped and cooked in just 5 minutes. Compare this to 3 minutes to warm up a can in the microwave and its really not that much longer to make from scratch.
More Soup Recipes In The Instant Pot
- Instant Pot Turkey Wild Rice Soup
- Instant Pot Loaded Potato Soup
- Instant Pot Chicken Enchilada Soup
- Instant Pot Bean & Bacon Soup
[clickToTweet tweet=”#InstantPot #PressureCooker #Mushroom #Soup #Recipe @recipe_this” quote=”#InstantPot #PressureCooker #Mushroom #Soup #Recipe @recipe_this”]
Instant Pot Pressure Cooker Mushroom Soup
- Place the vegetable stock in the bottom of your Instant Pot.
- Add your steamer shelf (trivet) to the bottom of the Instant Pot inner pot.
- Layer your mushrooms over the steamer shelf and place the lid on the Instant Pot. Set the valve to sealing and cook on manual pressure for 2 minutes.
- Manually release pressure (QPR) and place the mushrooms and the leftover stock into a blender.
- Add your seasonings and blend.
- Add your preferred creamer and blend again until you have that creamy texture.
- Portion up into 4 containers and you now have 4 batches of Instant Pot Mushroom Soup.
Instant Pot Mushrooms + Stock + Cream = Instant Pot Mushroom Soup
When you purchase a can of cream of mushroom soup, it will be a mix of mushrooms, additives, creams, milk and stock.
To remake it at home I suggest you start with the mushrooms and the stock and then add your creamer of choice. Even by adding a decent amount of cream you can still be looking at a 70% mushroom level. Compared to 10% on average in canned mushroom soup.
I have tested the following and they have all been a success it is all down to personal taste and what you prefer:
- Coconut Milk = Perfect for Vegans, Paleo and Whole30 followers
- Whole Milk = Perfect for if you have no diet requirements and want the cheapest option
- Single Cream = If you want it really thick and creamy and don’t mind about the calories.
- Quark = Perfect for Slimming World followers and keeps the fat level down to zero.
- Greek Yoghurt = My favourite choice and best for that Mediterranean mushroom soup flavour.
Then whatever creamer you go with for your Instant Pot Mushroom Soup, just use 250ml (just over 1 cup) and it will be delicious.