Instant Pot Hard Boiled Eggs For Beginners. How to cook Instant Pot hard boiled eggs, full tutorial and all your top pressure cooker hard boiled egg beginner questions are answered.
Our Instant Pot Hard Boiled Eggs for beginners is an update based on the original instant pot hard boiled eggs that we featured in January 2017, just after getting our first ever Instant Pot. It started a craze with more and more people cooking our Instant Pot Hard Boiled Eggs without the need for the 5-5-5 method.
Instant Pot Hard Boiled Eggs For Beginners
Welcome to my Instant Pot hard boiled eggs for beginners. Not only will we be covering today how to cook Instant Pot Hard Boiled Eggs but also, we will be answering all your burning beginner questions.
But first, before we crack on with our instant pot hard boiled eggs, lets go back to the beginning.
We all know how difficult it is to get our boiled eggs just perfect, but thanks to the Instant Pot electric pressure cooker it is now possible to have them completely perfect!
I am one of those people that just love hard boiled eggs, but they always seem like such an effort to do them.
You boil the water in a small saucepan, then you add the eggs, then you cook them for a few minutes and then you just hope that they are perfectly hard boiled.
But the worst bit of all is that when it comes to getting them out, they break as you try to peel them, and you often give them up as a bad job.
Of course, Dominic taught me how get the eggs out perfectly, but for the rest of us that don’t have a chef around you could end up losing half the egg in the shell.
Then came the Instant Pot and that is what perfect hard boiled eggs are all about. You can simply sit them on the egg trivet and let the Instant Pot do the work for you.
And until you have actually done hard boiled eggs in the Instant Pot you won’t realise just how amazing it really is.
So, if you are not quite convinced and are an Instant Pot beginner then I recommend you give Instant Pot Hard Boiled Eggs a go and see for yourself!
Can The Instant Pot Make Hard Boiled Eggs?
Absolutely! The Instant Pot does an amazing job at making the BEST and most PERFECT hard boiled eggs.
Because the Instant Pot is steaming your eggs instead of you boiling them, it means that the shell comes off a lot easier and you can use the digital interface of the Instant Pot, to set your ideal time.
The Instant Pot beeps and you are in CONTROL knowing that your Instant Pot hard boiled eggs are DONE and that you can quickly peel and do whatever you like with them.
Instant Pot Hard Boiled Eggs 5 5 5
As an instant pot hard boiled eggs beginner, I am sure you will have come across Instant Pot Hard Boiled Eggs 5 5 5 method. And I will tell you now that here at Recipe This we are totally against it.
I wouldn’t say we hate the use of Instant Pot hard boiled eggs 5 5 5, as hate is a strong word, but we find that it makes it overcomplicated and making Instant Pot hard boiled eggs shouldn’t be an effort.
The Instant Pot hard boiled eggs 5 5 5 method was doing the rounds in 2016 when we first started boiling eggs in the Instant Pot and I felt exhausted after doing it.
If you have not heard of the Instant Pot hard boiled eggs 5 5 5 method, then in a nutshell you cook your hard boiled eggs like this:
- 5 minutes at high pressure
- 5 minutes at natural pressure release
- 5 minutes in an ice bath
For that amount of effort and things to do, you might as well boil your eggs!!!
But instead I am going to introduce you today to a much better method, as mentioned below and this is how the professional chefs that use Instant Pots do it.
Instant Pot Hard Boiled Eggs 7 Minutes
Are you ready for the uncomplicated way to cook Instant Pot hard boiled eggs? You literally place your eggs in your instant pot egg trivet and pressure cook for 7 minutes.
You use quick pressure release, after all who wants to wait around for their eggs? Then you rinse them under the cold tap and they easily peel as you rinse.
No natural pressure release and no finding ice for an ice bath!
Here is one of our many rounds of Instant Pot Hard Boiled Eggs that follow the 7 minute rule, that we made while travelling:
Instant Pot Hard Boiled Eggs Beginner Questions
Before we jump into our Instant Pot hard boiled eggs for beginners, lets cover a LOT of the Instant Pot hard boiled egg beginner questions that our readers have emailed us to ask.
- Instant Pot Hard Boiled Eggs Without Ice Bath? Yes, that is correct. The Instant Pot has already made the eggs easy to peel that you don’t need an ice bath. Instead run your egg under the cold tap and it will peel.
- Instant Pot Hard Boiled Eggs Soft Yolk? Head over and read our Instant Pot Soft Boiled Eggs recipe, it shows you how to make dippy eggs if you prefer a soft yolk.
- Instant Pot Hard Boiled Eggs Peeling? When your eggs beep, place them in a sieve and pour cold water over the eggs until they are cool enough that you can handle them. Then with your hand give the top and bottom of the egg a tap and then roll your egg like you are using a rolling pin. This will remove the shell almost in one go and give you eggs that require very little peeling.
- Instant Pot Hard Boiled Eggs How Many At A Time? We cooked 7 at a time in our Instant Pot, but you can do 7 or 14 if you have 2 egg trivets. The cooking time doesn’t change, and it is perfect for if you need hard boiled eggs in bulk.
- Instant Pot Hard Boiled Eggs High Or Low Pressure? Always high pressure. Low pressure doesn’t work very well, and you get very few cracked eggs when cooking hard boiled eggs on high pressure.
- Instant Pot Hard Boiled Eggs Easy To Peel? Absolutely! They come off perfectly and for every 7 I do its very rare that I break an egg when peeling them.
- Instant Pot Hard Boiled Eggs How Much Water? Just 1 cup of water into your inner pot and you have the perfect amount for hard boiled eggs.
- Which Instant Pot Makes Hard Boiled Eggs? All of them and so do the alternative brands to the Instant Pot. Though note that if you want to double stack and do 14 hard boiled eggs, that you will then need the 8 quart as the others are not tall enough.
- Instant Pot Hard Boiled Eggs With Rack? We use this egg rack. It is from a top selling Instant Pot Accessories brand on Amazon and they sell a lot of other great steamer solutions. We have a double stacker so that we can hard boil up to 14 eggs at once.
- Instant Pot Hard Boiled Eggs No Manual Button? On our Mealthy Multipot when we do Mealthy hard boiled eggs we don’t have a manual button either. It was part of the earlier Instant Pots and it can be confusing. Instead use the pressure cook button, which is what manual was replaced with.
If you have a beginner question for making hard boiled eggs in the Instant Pot, or other pressure cooker, please comment below and we will do our best to answer your question as soon as possible.
How To Cook Instant Pot Hard Boiled Eggs?
- To cook Instant Pot Hard Boiled Eggs place a cup of water into your inner pot of the Instant Pot.
- Add in your Instant Pot Egg Trivet and add between 1 and 14 eggs depending on how many Instant Pot hard boiled eggs you wish to make.
- Place the lid on your Instant Pot, set the valve to sealing and cook for JUST 7 minutes.
- Manually release pressure and rinse your eggs under a cool tap as you peel your eggs.
- And you are DONE!
Instant Pot Hard Boiled Eggs For Beginners
- Instant Pot
- Instant Pot Egg Trivet
Instant Pot Hard Boiled Eggs Ingredients:
- 7 Large Eggs
- Place a cup of water into your Instant Pot inner pot.
- Add in your Instant Pot egg trivet and add in as many or as little eggs that you wish to cook.
- Place the lid on your Instant Pot, set the valve to sealing and cook for 7 minutes on either manual pressure or pressure cook.
- When it beeps manually release pressure (also known as quick pressure release aka QPR) and rinse your eggs under a cold tap.
- When the eggs are cool enough to handle with your hands, peel your eggs under the tap.
Can’t make it now? Then pin it for later!
Join The RecipeThis.com Community:
Plus, don’t forget to subscribe below to join our email newsletter with updates of our latest recipes, latest freebies, our cooking stories, plus much more: