Welcome to my Instant Pot perfect boiled eggs recipe. We all know how difficult it is to get our boiled eggs just perfect, but thanks to the Instant Pot electric pressure cooker it is now possible to have them completely perfect!
I am one of those people that just love boiled eggs but they always seem like such an effort to do them. You have to boil the water in a small saucepan, then you add the eggs, then you cook them for a few minutes and then you just hope that they are perfectly boiled.
But the worst bit of all is that when it comes to getting them out they break as you try to peel them and you often give them up as a bad job.
Of course Dominic taught me how get the eggs out perfectly, but for the rest of us that don’t have a chef around with their cooking tips you could end up losing half the egg in the shell.
Here is his tip:
Leave them in for an extra minute, rinse them over cold water to cool them down, then gently roll them against a kitchen worktop and it will free them enough to make peeling them a breeze.
Then there is the Instant Pot and that is what perfect boiled eggs are all about. You can simply sit them on the steam shelf and let the Instant Pot do the work for you. And until you have actually done hard boiled eggs in the Instant Pot you wont realise just how amazing it really is.
So if you are not quite convinced then I recommend you give them a go and see for yourself!
[clickToTweet tweet=”#InstantPot Perfect Boiled Eggs #Recipe via recipe_this” quote=”#InstantPot Perfect Boiled Eggs #Recipe via recipe_this”]
Instant Pot Perfect Boiled Eggs
- Instant Pot Duo
- 6 Large Eggs
- Start by placing 160ml of water into the bottom of your Instant Pot and you can measure it out with the cup provided.
- Place your eggs on top of the steam shelf inside your Instant Pot.
- Place the lid on your Instant Pot and set the valve to sealing and press the steam button. Set the steaming to 5 minutes.
- It will beep six times when it is done. At this time manually move the valve and wait for all the steam to pass before lifting the lid off.
- Under a cold tap cool down your eggs (so that you don’t burn yourself) and then peel them.
Instant Pot Recipes – The Outtakes
Sam: Let’s make eggs in the Instant Pot; it says online they are really good
Dom: Why do you want me to boil an egg in an Instant Pot in 5 minutes when I can do it in a pan in 3?
Sam: But they might be better
Dom: We’ll see!
Then he brought me the most amazing egg mayo flavoured tortilla wraps that were absolutely delicious!
And he said that he didn’t have to mess around with the shells. So I think I may well have converted him into boiled eggs in the Instant Pot!