Welcome to my latest Instant Pot recipe and today is all about an Instant Pot take on the traditional recipe of rice pudding with jam. Transport yourself back in time with delicious quick and easy pudding recipe that is so frugal, yet so tasty at the same time.
Rice pudding you say?
That pudding made of short grain rice that we all had growing up at school for lunch or that your grandma would make you.
I always remember it from primary school. When I was between the ages of 7 and 11 it would feature regularly on the lunch menu. It would be on a rota between the other classics that we all love. There would be the chocolate sponge cake and custard (I am getting hungry just thinking about it), chocolate flan with strawberry custard and not forgetting the spotted dick and custard. But maybe once every 2-3 weeks we would have rice pudding.
I went to school with this girl called Ashleigh and as I recall she always had illnesses and was never that bothered for eating. Therefore I was always over the moon when she passed her food over to me and left most of what was on her plate. Though note to self – that is probably why she was super skinny and I was the chubby one!
Then fast forward several years and there I was meeting my husbands grandma for the first time and at Saturday lunch the meal was finished off with rice pudding. It was delicious and since then I have had a big addiction to it.
Well I was over the moon when Dominic suggested we try it out in the Instant Pot. Around the time I was interviewing new virtual assistants to join our team; Dominic was in the kitchen making us some delicious rice pudding. Well I shouldn’t say it was just for lunch, after all he mass over catered on it (I’m sure this is what all ex-chefs do?) so there was plenty for a weeks worth of rice pudding.
More Dessert Recipes In The Instant Pot
- Instant Pot Oreos Cheesecake
- Instant Pot Pumpkin Cheesecake
- Instant Pot Strawberry Cheesecake
- Instant Pot Cheesecake Minis
- Instant Pot Easy Banoffee Pie
- Instant Pot Spotted Dick Sponge Pudding
- Instant Pot Chocolate Lava Cake
- Instant Pot Strawberry Cake
[clickToTweet tweet=”#InstantPot #Vanilla & #Jam #Rice #Pudding #Recipe via recipe_this” quote=”#InstantPot #Vanilla & #Jam #Rice #Pudding #Recipe via recipe_this”]
Instant Pot Vanilla & Jam Rice Pudding
- Place the sugar, rice and milk into the Instant Pot. Place it on the saute function and bring to the boil while stirring constantly. Don’t even leave it for a couple of seconds as it will stick to the bottom of your pot.
- Place the lid on your Instant Pot and seal it. Place it on the rice function for 15 minutes and it will be preset to the low pressure.
- After it has beeped, leave it for 15 minutes before you release any pressure because if you don’t you will have a milk explosion.
- Remove the lid after the 15 minutes stir it for a few minutes adding the butter and the vanilla as you stir.
- Serve it with strawberry jam. Or for the naughty chef add some cream too!