Welcome to my leftover Greek Spanakopita pie in the air fryer recipe. Enjoy a delicious Greek pie made with leftover turkey but adding a bit of tradition with spinach, feta cheese, onions and seasoning.
Add to this a lovely filo pastry crust and you have a delicious meal.
I love Greek food. I mean I really love Greek food. To me it is one of the great tastes of the Mediterranean and it gives a lovely flavour yet a lot of the food is relatively healthy.
Take this spanakopita pie that I am sharing with you today. It is made with leftover turkey from Christmas but best of all it is full of spinach, seasonal vegetables and let’s not forget that it is like having a leftover turkey pie, just a healthier one.
Instead of a cheese sauce filling or a booze one you have the base of a frittata. It is then whipped up with some eggs and filled inside a lovely layer of filo pastry. Filo pastry of course is the skinny one minus all the crazy calories that go with a love for puff pastry.
Add to this cheese, which is my mums 1st love and you have a lovely pie to tuck into. Add to this whatever leftovers you have around in your fridge or meat leftover from a roast dinner and you have a fantastic way to enhance your plate this winter and beyond.
Plus I also find that when you buy filo pastry you always have so much leftover that you can reserve some more for another round of pie. Or would that be greedy?
Plus if your kids say that they hate spinach offer them a slice of this pie with the other delicious fillings that you have put in and I am sure they will be begging you for a second slice.
Leftover Greek Spanakopita Pie In The Air Fryer
- Get your leftover vegetables out of the fridge and season well with salt and pepper.
- Place your vegetables inside a teatowel or pillow case and ring out any excess moisture. Place them in a mixing bowl with your seasoning and your feta cheese.
- Mix in your egg and your soft cheese until you have a lovely creamy mixture.
- Line a dish with filo pastry and add your mixture to it so that it is ¾ full. Cover with the remainder of the pastry and then brush with beaten egg.
- Air fry for 20 minutes on 180c.