Welcome to my Air Fryer bubble and squeak recipe.
I don’t know about you but Boxing Day (a bank holiday observed in England the day after Christmas) has always been the day when I have eaten bubble and squeak.
Bubble and squeak is traditionally a meal made with mash, cabbage and eggs and is either made into a pancake or baked in the oven. But for many it is used to mix together all the food that is leftover from Christmas so that you have no food waste and can have some comfort food.
Quite often ours will include some cabbage, mash, sprouts, vegetable bake, stuffing and even the odd parsnip that was left over from the roast potatoes tray. We then end up feeling just as stuffed on Boxing Day that we did on Christmas Day.
In many ways (thanks to the egg) it is like a vegetable omelette that has become a traditional thing for many Brits.
We also celebrate Thanksgiving (thanks to our American family for introducing us to another day to eat WAY too much food) and often have bubble and squeak the day after Thanksgiving.
But each time I eat it (because it is not very often) it becomes a delicious festive meal.
More Family Recipes In The Air Fryer
- Buffalo Chicken Wings
- Turkey Fajitas Platter
- Birdseye Fish Fingers
- Healthy Battered Sausage & Chips
- Airfryer Mini Kievs
- Airfryer Cornish Pasties
- Healthy Chicken Dippers
- Airfryer Meatloaf
- 5 Ingredient Fishermans Fishcakes
- Airfryer Fish & Chips
- Airfryer Chicken Kievs
- Airfryer Kebabs & Rice
- Cornish Pasty Bread Bowl
[clickToTweet tweet=”Leftovers Bubble & Squeak In The Air Fryer from @recipe_this” quote=”Leftovers Bubble & Squeak In The Air Fryer from @recipe_this”]
Welcome to my Air Fryer bubble and squeak recipe. I don’t know about you but Boxing Day (a bank holiday observed in England the day after Christmas) has always been the day when I have eaten bubble and squeak.
- Place your leftovers in a large mixing bowl and break them up so that there isn’t any really big bits and so that they are nicely blended together.
- Add the onion, eggs, cheese and seasoning.
- Chop up the turkey and add it to the bowl and mix everything well with your hands.
- Place the mixture either into a baking dish or into ramekins and then place in the Air Fryer.
- Cook for 25 minutes on 180c until it is bubbling on top.
This is all about your leftovers from Christmas, Thanksgiving or even a big Sunday dinner that you’ve used. So change it to suit what vegetables you have in and how much cheese you like in it.