Welcome to how to make Instant Pot Caramel from condensed milk. If there is just ONE Instant Pot recipe that you MUST make it has to be Instant Pot Caramel.
I often get emails from either potential (or brand new) Instant Pot users. They are all fascinated by the electric pressure cooker trend and want to know (considering they can cook good) what is the point in them owning the Instant Pot Pressure Cooker?
Well you can see it from their point of view can’t you?
- They like cooking
- They hate the idea of batch cooking
- They are not in a huge rush so a 40 minute chicken doesn’t appeal to them
- They are good at peeling their boiled eggs
- They like the smell of a warm stew in the oven
Actually, I think I just described me and the hubby!!!
Instant Pot cooking is very much about being able to cook an 8 hour pulled pork in less than an hour, being easy for people that are terrible at cooking and a fantastic option for if you hate peeling eggs.
But if none of that bothers you then why get an Instant Pot?
Well for me it comes down to one thing and one thing only. You can turn condensed milk into caramel in just 40 minutes instead of 4 hours. I mean that is a truly amazing time saver. This has nothing to do with whether you are an excellent cook or not, but about an act of magic.
Dominic (my husband of nearly 15 years) was a chef when we met. He is excellent in the kitchen and has a natural ability when it comes to cooking. When I said that I was getting an electric pressure cooker he was far from pleased, as we like to cook so much.
But when he realised he could make his favourite caramel so fast I had him. He was hooked.
Therefore if you are trying to sell the Instant Pot to someone then tell them about the caramel and that same caramel can then be used in loads of your favourite dishes and you can save a lot of time in your kitchen.
Our favourite so far is our Airfryer caramel cheesecake. The main cheesecake is cooked in the Airfryer but the caramel is made in the Instant Pot. Or a take on the classic dessert Banoffee Pie with the pie being made in the Instant Pot.
It saved us over 3 hours in the kitchen that’s for sure. Plus if you make the Airfryer cheesecake then you can cook in the Airfryer while the caramel cooks in the Instant Pot and it makes you sound so organised.
One Ingredient Instant Pot Caramel
Though maybe I should level with you. As a child I never ever had caramel from a can of condensed milk. In fact I never even knew you could until Dominic mentioned it after we got our Instant Pot. He told me how he always had it cooking on the stove for 4 hours when he was little. Now I am making up for lost time and a childhood that was missing a lot of caramel binges.
How To Make Instant Pot Caramel From Condensed Milk Recipe
- Remove all the packaging from the condensed milk can and place it inside your inner pot in the Instant Pot. Pour over it enough boiling water so that you can no longer see the condensed milk can and so that it is submerged.
- Place the lid on your Instant Pot, set the valve to sealing and cook for 40 minutes on manual.
- When it beeps, manually remove pressure, wait until the can is cool enough to handle. Then remove the lid with a can opener and then serve.