Welcome to my meatless Monday air fryer Thai veggie bites recipe.
Last Monday for my weekly Meatless Monday recipe I shared with you how to make veggie bake cakes that are a great use of your leftovers, but for some people they may find them a bit boring, or like something that a pensioner would make. Well I love old and I am still super addicted to the prawn cocktail and chicken liver pate. But like most people I like something with a kick too.
Introducing my Air Fryer veggie bites…..They’re a perfect use out of all that leftover vegetable bits and pieces that you have in the bottom of your fridge. At the same time it is nice and spicy and shows that vegetarian food doesn’t have to be boring.
Though thanks to my love for cheese it is far from vegan, but you could lose the cheese if you are a vegan.
These beautiful little Thai veggie bites could also be placed on cocktail sticks and would make a great party snack for the festive period.
You could also follow this recipe and achieve something similar with any leftover vegetables that you have in the house.
With it being Boxing Day, I am sure like me you have that bursting fridge that looks like it is going to explode. If it is like ours it will be full of turkey, vegetables, mince pies and probably something sugary that you didn’t quite manage yesterday!
Well this is something different to do with it and because of the ingredients in this recipe you could stretch your spare vegetables a lot further than you would ever have thought.
Also if you have been at the naughty unhealthy food a lot lately, well here is your chance (between glasses of wine) to get your 5 a day into your diet!
More Potato Recipes In The Air Fryer
- Baked Camembert & Soldiers
- Feta Cheese Dough Balls
- Macaroni & Cheese Toasties
- Macaroni & Cheese Mini Quiche
- Courgette & Chickpea Burgers
- Airfryer Jacket Potatoes
- Airfryer Potato Gratin
[clickToTweet tweet=”#MeatlessMonday #AirFryer #Thai Veggie Bites Recipe via recipe_this” quote=”#MeatlessMonday #AirFryer #Thai Veggie Bites Recipe via recipe_this”]
Meatless Monday Air Fryer Thai Veggie Bites
- Philips Airfryer
- 1 Large Broccoli
- 1 Large Cauliflower
- 6 Large Carrots
- Handful Garden Peas
- ½ Cauliflower made into cauliflower rice
- 1 Large Onion peeled and diced
- 1 Small Courgette
- 2 Leeks cleaned and thinly sliced
- 1 Can Coconut Milk
- 50 g Plain Flour
- 1 cm Cube Ginger peeled and grated
- 1 Tbsp Garlic Puree
- 1 Tbsp Olive Oil
- 1 Tbsp Thai Green Curry Paste
- 1 Tbsp Coriander
- 1 Tbsp Mixed Spice
- 1 Tsp Cumin
- Salt & Pepper
- In a wok cook your onion with the garlic, ginger and olive oil until the onion has a good bit of colour on it.
- While you are cooking your onion in a steamer cook your vegetables (apart from the courgette and leek) for 20 minutes or until they are nearly cooked.
- Add the courgette, the leek and the curry paste to your wok and cook on a medium heat for a further 5 minutes.
- Add the coconut milk and the rest of the seasoning mix well and then add the cauliflower rice.
- Mix again and allow simmering for 10 minutes.
- Once it has simmered for 10 minutes and the sauce has reduced by half, add the steamed vegetables. Mix well and you will now have a lovely base for your veggie bites.
- Place in the fridge for an hour to allow to cool.
- After an hour make into bite sizes and place in the Air Fryer. Cook for 10 minutes at 180c and then serve with a cooling dip.