Welcome to my quick blend apple pie smoothie. If you love apple pies and milkshakes then this apple pie smoothie will be your dream dessert this autumn.
When I think of apples I am always thinking of autumn. When the leaves are falling from the trees, the weather is not that hot that I feel like I am going to pass out and apples are in season. They are shiny and red, shiny and green or a mixture of the two. They are lovely and sweet and perfect for eating.
Don’t get me wrong I eat apples all year around. I love them in the summer when they are a little bitter and when they’re perfect for apple chips.
My daughter’s favourite way to have apples is diced in their skin with a little cinnamon sprinkled on top. When she has her afternoon nap we will wake her up after about 90 minutes with her apple and cinnamon along with some warm milk. She loves it and will sit in silence eating away while she comes around from her drowsy state.
Plus if you are in doubt here are the top reasons to eat more apples in your diet:
So if in doubt about eating apples this autumn then there are plenty of reasons to do so.
But have apples in autumn (or fall if you’re American) and OMG it is a food heaven moment. They are big and tasty and so frugal to buy too.
Here are 5 more of my favourite ever apple recipes:
- Mini Apple Pie
- Airfryer Apple Chips
- Apple Butter Pulled Pork
- Apple & Cinnamon Pancakes
- Apple & Butternut Squash Soup
In this apple pie smoothie recipe I will be taking my favourite mini apple pies that I make in the Airfryer. Then I will be blending some of the apple pie with my favourite other smoothie/milkshake flavours.
One of my true addictions at the moment is smoothies made with cheesecake batter and I thought I better have something a little different hence why this recipe is happening instead.
I have added extra sugar (well I am addicted after all) along with a creamy thick milkshake with loads of apples, cinnamon and whipped cream.
I will level with you and say that I am not a huge apple pie fan. It was something that I had too much growing up (my dad adores it) so as an adult and because Dominic & Kyle don’t like it, means that I rarely eat it. Instead I go nuts for apple crumble instead.
It was one of the first things that I learnt to cook at school and OMG that lovely crumble over the warm apples is amazing. Plus as the boys hate it then it means more for me. But my daughter who will be 3 in November, loves so many different foods that the boys hate and I love, so this is another thing to tick to the box with that she gets excited about.
I didn’t want to make a huge apple pie, just in case she didn’t like it so I bought her a pack of Mr Kiplings Apple Pies instead and she ran out of the room with a huge box of them, so its safe to say she is a HUGE fan!
So I thought I would be in luck when I made the apple pie smoothie for her. I gave this to her to try and she wouldn’t stop eating it. I think I have a new apple pie smoothie addict in the family too!
Quick Blend Apple Pie Smoothie Recipe
- In a mixing bowl add the sugar and butter and mix until light and fluffy with a hand mixer. Add the egg and carry on mixing until it resembles cake batter.
- Add ½ your Greek yoghurt and beat with a fork until everything is combined. Put to one side.
- Dice the apple keeping the skin on. Break up ½ your mini apple pies into small pieces.
- Place into the blender your broken mini apple pies along with ½ the Greek Yoghurt and the apple. Add to it 3 ice cubes and blend until smooth.
- Finally add to it ¾ of your cake batter and blend one last time until smooth.
- Pour your apple pie smoothie into smoothie glasses.
- Place the rest of the batter into a piping bag and gently create a pretty icing top onto your smoothies.
- Serve with apple flavoured caramel sauce and the spare mini apple pies.