Air Fryer Roast Potatoes With Rosemary is one of the best ever side dishes you could ever make using your air fryer. Featuring potatoes, rosemary, extra virgin olive oil and sea salt it is a healthy comfort food favourite.
Our Air Fryer roast potatoes recipe was originally published in the December of 2015 in the early days of Recipe This. We have updated it for you with new pictures, lots more information and even more reasons why you need air fryer roast potatoes on your dining table.
Air Fryer Roast Potatoes With Rosemary
I absolutely love roast potatoes and they make the perfect side dish for any meal.
I always remember growing up and having a roast dinner among family and close friends. There would usually be myself, my parents, my dad’s parents, my dad’s brother and his wife and maybe a few other people. My mum would usually cook a beef roast with Yorkshire Puddings and lots of vegetables, roast potatoes and homemade gravy.
The one thing that everyone would always argue about was who got the last roast potato as they were so addictive and so tasty. As I recall that last roastie often went to my dad and maybe that can explain his beer belly!!!!
Fast forward several years and during our obesity phase Dominic would make a lovely tray of roast potatoes with beans and cheese. There would be a lot of butter and olive oil on the roasties along with a lot of salt, so they were very bad for us and thankfully we didn’t have them every week otherwise we could have been on the 600lb fat show.
But now when we do have them I prefer to have a small portion of them in the Air Fryer because they can then end up a lot lower in calories and they can taste just as crispy.
The above was written back in 2015 when we probably ate the most air fryer roast potatoes. We don’t seem to eat them as much now, not that we don’t like them, just because there are so many other air fryer potato recipes that we often forget about them.
It is time to eat lots more air fryer roast potatoes and remember why we loved them so, so much!
Dominic’s Roast Potatoes
Dominic, as I briefly mentioned above, makes the most AMAZING roast potatoes. Just thinking about them and I am having a foodgasm at the thought. I would put his roast potatoes and his roast turkey as the best 2 things he has ever cooked for me.
They are just that good!
BUT if you are into healthy eating, you will want to avoid his roast potatoes like the plague as they are loaded with butter and extra virgin olive oil.
It also helps get the skin on the roast potatoes super crispy.
That is why I like the air fryer so much for making delicious roast potatoes. They cook the skin perfectly with just a little bit of olive oil. You can then impress your family with your perfect roast potatoes.
They will desperately want to know your secret for perfect roast potatoes and watch their faces stare at you when you say it’s a healthy roast potato cooked in the air fryer!
Air Fryer Roast Potatoes UK
I have always been rather vocal on the blog that we grew up in England. In fact, we lived in a Yorkshire seaside town. We both grew up there and lived in the same town until Kyle was 3 years old.
Every part of the town was full of restaurants selling the British carvery aka the British roast dinner. This means that we have had years of experience of UK roast potatoes and Dominic even worked in carvery restaurants in his 20’s as the chef.
Though I am sure if you asked him, his memory would have been years before that when he was training to be a chef and he was stuck in charge of peeling all those potatoes.
If you’re looking for an air fryer roast potatoes recipe that is authentic to the UK, then this is it!
How To Air Fry Roast Potatoes?
Air fryer Roast Potatoes are very easy to prep and then your air fryer can do the hard work for you while you put your feet up.
The secret to perfect air fryer roast potatoes is:
- Cooking at two temperatures – starting on low so that you can cook the inside of your potatoes, to cooking on high to crisp up the skin.
- Mixing your potatoes in a bowl first – this allows the olive oil to coat the roast potatoes and gives it a better taste without the roast potatoes coming out dry.
- Not overfilling – If you overfill the air fryer and cook too many roast potatoes at once, you will end up with them being dry and not having that lovely crispy texture.
Air Fryer Roast Potatoes Is Split Into The Following Stages:
- Peel and chop the potatoes – This is the most time-consuming part, a good time for me to get Dominic into the kitchen to do it for me!
- Bowl the ingredients – Add the chopped potatoes with your seasonings and extra virgin olive oil. Mix well with your hands.
That is just how easy it is. Next stage is to cook the potatoes in the air fryer and burn your lips when you try to binge on them before you sit down at the dining table. YES I HAVE DONE THAT!
More Air Fryer Potato Recipes
In the Milner house we LOVE our air fryer potatoes. In fact, our air fryer roast potatoes are one of many family favourites. Here are a few more:
- Air Fryer Potato Wedges – When you are too lazy to peel your potatoes and perfect for a quick side dish.
- Air Fryer Breakfast Potatoes – A popular potato recipe on the blog and involves potatoes and bacon. I mean what more do you need???
- Air Fryer Garlic Potatoes With Bacon – We call them Sergios potatoes after the name of the restaurant in Portugal they are inspired by.
Air Fryer Roast Potatoes With Rosemary
- Peel your potatoes and cut them into roast potato shapes.
- In a bowl mix together your roast potatoes, seasoning and olive oil.
- Place them in your Air Fryer for 15 minutes at 160c/320f.
- When it beeps shake the basket.
- Cook for a further 5 minutes at 200c/400f.
Can’t make it now? Then pin it for later!
Join The RecipeThis.com Community:
Plus, don’t forget to subscribe below to join our email newsletter with updates of our latest recipes, latest freebies, our cooking stories, plus much more: