Welcome to my Slimming World Chicken Casserole In The Slow Cooker.
Delicious hearty Syn free chicken casserole loaded with lots of mash for the perfect Slimming World dinner.
Today for me is a special day to celebrate life. To celebrate the fact that I am here and that life is short and when should appreciate everyday of it.
We should all live for today and make the most out of our lives as we never know when it could just disappear.
It was April 2012 and we were getting ready for a holiday of our lifetime. We were planning on having 3 weeks between Disney World and Universal Studios.
Our flights were paid for, so was our tickets and our accommodation and our over excited 10 year old. We were going in June and we were counting down the days.
Then I felt movement in my stomach and a scan confirmed this:
I had a tumour the size of a 5 month old foetus. It was growing by the day and needed to come out and be assessed.
The tumour, one ovary, part of one of kidneys were all removed. All of a sudden you are thinking about the unknown and having a crazy panic of crazy thoughts and worry.
Then exactly 5 years ago and 1 week today, on the eve of my Dad’s 60th birthday I had my tumour removed.
Then a week later (5 years ago today) it was confirmed as being cancerous. Then treatment followed and I was well enough just in time to meet Mickey and all his friends.
Also, in the last 5 years I have been lucky enough to be blessed with another 2 children and I am living life to the full.
I have learnt that there is nothing better than spending time with your family and this chicken casserole recipe in the slow cooker is a prime example of family cooking.
A meal that you can all enjoy with your family, that is frugal, healthy and very filling for this time of year, before it has got lovely and warm.
From a Slimming World point of view it is totally Syn Free and full of flavour.
We had it on a cold Saturday night in late March when it was really cold and it had been raining all day long.
Slimming World Chicken Casserole In The Slow Cooker
- Chop up the chicken breasts into medium chunks.
- Peel and dice the fresh vegetables.
- Place in the slow cooker the vegetables, tinned tomatoes, chicken, seasoning and mix well using your hands so that everything is well covered.
- Pierce your potatoes with a fork and lay them on top. Season the tops of the potatoes with salt and pepper.
- Place the lid on your slow cooker and cook for 4 hours.
- After 4 hours remove the potatoes, give it a good stir and season with extra salt and pepper if you think it needs it.
- Chop the potatoes into quarters and place them in your soup maker (or other steamer). Add to it 250ml of stock from your chicken casserole. Place the lid on and cook for 28 minutes. Then leave to rest.
- After 90 minutes of the slow cooker being back on, get your potatoes out, give them a mash, add some cheese, garlic and milk to the mash and mash until smooth.
- Serve the mash and the chicken casserole together in big bowls.