Syn Free Slimming World Chicken Tikka Masala curry cooked to perfection in the slow cooker. This Syn Free Chicken Tikka Masala is high on speed foods and perfect for a hassle from Slimming World Chicken Curry.
Yesterday we showed you how to make Slimming World Chicken Tikka in the air fryer that was perfect for if you wanted a Syn Free chicken treat on Slimming World. But today we have the nations favourite and that is a delicious Syn Free Slimming World Chicken Tikka Masala. It is all cooked in the slow cooker, requires very little attention and perfect for if you want a lazy slow cooker day.
I know whenever Dominic and I can’t be bothered to cook the slow cooker comes out. We can get it out early in the day and then just leave it to the hard work.
If you followed our Slimming World chicken tikka recipe yesterday, then you will know that we wanted to make 3 meals from one chicken tikka marinade. Well this is recipe #2 and what we did in yesterdays recipe was to marinate 4 large chicken breasts.
2 of those chicken breasts was to make our chicken tikka and now today those other 2 chicken breasts from the same chicken tikka marinade, is coming out to make a delicious Slimming World Chicken Tikka Masala.
Its like you marinated some chicken and one lot was used for a starter of chicken tikka bites and then today we are doing the main meal.
Syn Free Slimming World Chicken Tikka Masala
What I love about my Syn Free Slimming World Chicken Tikka Masala is that its all about overloading your body with Slimming World SP foods.
Firstly, it’s the carrots. They provide that amazing thick creamy Indian curry sauce and mixed in with fresh tomatoes they are the curry sauce from heaven. Add to this that you have chicken breast for the protein and you’re all set.
We did make our chicken tikka masala with fat free Greek yoghurt, but you could swap this for quark instead.
Syn Free Slimming World Chicken Tikka Masala Marinade
To make the chicken tikka masala marinade you add the following to a mixing bowl:
- 1Tsp Grated Ginger
- 2Tsp Garlic Puree
- ½ Small Diced Onion
- Pinch Of Chilli
- 2Tsp Garam Masala
- 2Tsp Paprika
- 2Tsp Turmeric
- 2Tsp Cumin
- Juice & Rind of 1 Lemon
- 300ml Greek Yoghurt
- And Mix Well
Add 4 chicken breasts to the bowl, cover it for the night in the fridge and you have the perfect marinade for your homemade chicken tikka masala.#SynFree Slimming World Chicken Tikka Masala Curry In The Slow Cooker @recipe_this
Slimming World Chicken Tikka Masala Curry In The Slow Cooker
- In a mixing bowl add all your chicken tikka masala marinade ingredients. Mix well until you have an even marinade. Add the chicken breasts and allow to marinade overnight.
- The next day peel and dice the carrots. Dice the tomatoes and place them into the slow cooker. Place the marinated chicken breasts on top and cook on high for 3.5 hours.
- After 3.5 hours put the chicken to one side and using a hand blender, blend the tomatoes and carrots. Stir in the rest of the seasonings and Greek yoghurt and mix well.
- Season the chicken with salt and pepper. Shred it with a fork and add it to the slow cooker chicken tikka masala sauce. Stir well until all the chicken is submerged.
- Cook on low for a further 30 minutes and then serve warm.
We ended up with lots of chicken tikka masala left over. It was amazing how much it made. Once cooled down, place it in the freezer in freezer bags for another day. You don’t need any liquid when cooking the tomatoes and carrots because the tomatoes hold a lot of water and work as your stock.